Pranab Mukherjee assumes charge as Finance MinisterMay 25th, 2009 - 4:23 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, May 25 (ANI); Pranab Mukherjee on Monday assumed his charge as the new Finance Minister.
Mukherjee was welcomed by the Finance Secretary, Revenue Secretary, Expenditure Secretary, Disinvestment Secretary, CEA, Chairman, CBDT and Chairman, CBEC.
Immediately after assuming charge, Mukherjee had a series of meetings with all the senior officers of the Ministry. He reviewed the status of various programmes and issues relating to all the departments of the Ministry.
Issues relating to forthcoming budget were also discussed at the meetings. (ANI)
- Fiscal deficit management need of the hour: Pranab - Jan 14, 2012
- Panel set up on international taxation - May 03, 2012
- Mukherjee presents awards to National Architectural Design Competition winners - Apr 16, 2011
- Breaking the glass ceiling in India's tax administration - Aug 06, 2012
- Tax targets revised upwards: Pranab - Jan 23, 2011
- Budget tops Mukherjee's agenda at meeting with aides (Lead) - May 25, 2009
- Push key reforms: Industry's budget wish list - Feb 03, 2012
- Finance Minister outlines measures to 'improve governance' - Feb 28, 2011
- 'Team Budget' happy the ordeal is over - Mar 01, 2011
- PM sets up experts panel to review, rework GAAR - Jul 13, 2012
- IT industry lauds PM's move to review tax laws - Jul 30, 2012
- Rs.40,000 crore disinvestment target will be met: Official - Sep 13, 2011
- Mukherjee begins work on budget - May 25, 2009
- India hopeful of 4.6 percent fiscal deficit target - Sep 06, 2011
- No service tax on foreign remittances: Government - Jul 10, 2012