Pranab Mukherjee asks Pakistan not to create war hysteriaDecember 27th, 2008 - 2:53 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Dec 27 (ANI): External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee has asked Pakistan to stop creating a war hysteria and take immediate action against those involved in the recent Mumbai attacks.
Talking to reporters here on Friday, he said that New Delhi expects Islamabad to deal with the menace that has become a threat to the regional peace and stability.
“We expect that instead of raising war hysteria, they will address this problem, this is a menace to the regional peace and stability which is essential for all round economic development,” he added.
He said that Pakistan has been provided with enough evidence and that it should not attempt diverting the attention from the ”real issue”.
“My request to Pakistan would be that instead of diverting the attention from the real issue, they should concentrate on the real issue, how to fight against terrorist and how to bring to book the perpetrators of Bombay terrorism attack. We have indicated to them, they have ample evidences,” he added.
India has been mounting diplomatic offensive against Pakistan with Mukherjee saying that talks are on with his counterparts in China. He said that US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has also been made aware of the current situation.
Earlier Mukherjee met Saudi Arabian Foreign Minister Saud Al-Faisal.
According to reports India has apprised Al-Faisal about the evidence against Pakistan in connection with the recent Mumbai attacks.
Mukherjee termed the meeting as successful after Al-Faisal said that his country has proposed to the United Nations to form an international body to fight terrorism across the globe.
Saudi Arabia joins India’’s call for urgent and transparent cooperation among all nations to end terrorism
Al-Faisal said the best way to deal with terrorism is to destroy it completely so that there is no repeat of tragedies like the Mumbai attacks. (ANI)
- Don't whip up war hysteria, India tells Pakistan - Dec 26, 2008
- Saudi Arabia proposes an international body to fight terrorism - Dec 26, 2008
- Stop war hysteria, hand over terror suspects: India urges Pakistan (Intro Roundup) - Dec 26, 2008
- Pakistan troops move to border, India denounces war hysteria (Roundup) - Dec 26, 2008
- Zardari to attend Islamic meet in Saudi Arabia - Jul 29, 2012
- Saudi Arabia halts Afghan mediation - Nov 07, 2010
- Yemen to get over $3 billion Saudi Arabian aid - May 24, 2012
- Mumbai attack: India gives Saudi minister proof of Pakistani involvement - Dec 26, 2008
- Saudi Arabia honours Indian envoy - Jul 12, 2011
- India asks US, China, Saudi, Iran to pressurize Pakistan - Dec 27, 2008
- Saudi Arabia concerned over prevalence of 'dangerous trends in Pakistan' - Feb 28, 2010
- Saudi rulers looking for 'another Musharraf' in place of 'rotten head' Zardari as Pak ruler - Dec 02, 2010
- Abducted Saudi diplomat in Yemen makes fresh appeal - Jul 02, 2012
- Saudi wanted joint Arab-US-NATO force to destroy Iran-backed Hezbollah in Lebanon - Dec 08, 2010
- Close terror cells in India: Pakistan parliament (Intro Roundup) - Dec 24, 2008
Tags: condoleezza rice, counterparts, current situation, economic development, evidences, external affairs minister, external affairs minister pranab mukherjee, foreign minister saud, New Delhi, peace and stability, perpetrators, pranab mukherjee, regional peace, saudi arabia, saudi arabian, secretary of state, secretary of state condoleezza rice, state condoleezza rice, tragedies, war hysteria