Pranab Mukherjee arrives in DubaiMay 12th, 2008 - 2:05 pm ICT by admin
Dubai, May 12 (ANI): External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee arrived in Dubai today as part of the ongoing high-level interactions between India and the UAE.
Mukherjee, who arrived from South Africa, was received by the Indian Ambassador to the UAE Talmiz Ahmed, Consul-General in Dubai Venu Rajamony and other officials.
During his three-day visit to Gulf countries, Mukherjee will meet the top leadership in the emirates including UAE President Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammad bin Zayed al Nahyan and UAE Foreign Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed al Nahyan.
The talks are likely to focus on political and economic relations between the two countries.
Besides, the Minister will address the Emirates Centre for Strategic Studies and Research (ECSSR) and also meet Indian and Emirati businessmen in Dubai.
The two sides, seeking to boost bilateral trade, have been discussing the Free Trade Agreement (FTA) since August 2004 when they signed a ‘Framework Agreement on Economic Cooperation.’ (ANI)
- UAE greets world leaders on New Year - Dec 29, 2011
- UAE citizenship for 930 Emirati women-born kids - Apr 07, 2012
- UAE leaders greet new Saudi crown prince - Jun 19, 2012
- South Korean President to visit UAE Saturday - Mar 11, 2011
- UAE greets India, Pakistan on Independence Day - Aug 14, 2011
- Ramadan begins in UAE - Jul 20, 2012
- UAE to launch campaign to raise donations for Yemen - Jun 21, 2012
- UAE leaders meet foreign counterparts - Jan 03, 2012
- UAE's new envoy takes charge in Libya - Apr 30, 2012
- UAE president honours national Olympic football team - Mar 27, 2012
- UAE congratulates new Egyptian president-elect - Jun 25, 2012
- South Korean President arrives in UAE on three-day visit - Mar 13, 2011
- UAE foreign minister visits Iraq - Feb 17, 2012
- Queen Elizabeth greets UAE on national day - Dec 01, 2011
- UAE to provide $136mn food aid for Yemen - Jun 04, 2012
Tags: bilateral trade, consul general, crown prince, economic cooperation, economic relations, ecssr, external affairs minister, external affairs minister pranab mukherjee, framework agreement, gulf countries, indian ambassador, khalifa bin zayed, level interactions, pranab mukherjee, president sheikh khalifa, sheikh khalifa bin zayed, sheikh khalifa bin zayed al nahyan, sheikh mohammad, uae president, zayed al nahyan