Pramod Muthalik justifies pub action, says will carry on protest peacefullyFebruary 5th, 2009 - 1:43 pm ICT by ANI
Mangalore, Feb 5 (ANI): Pramod Muthalik, the Chief of the Sri Rama Sena, has said that the raid on a Mangalore pub was justified, as it was aimed at protecting youngsters from falling into wrong hands.
“Our aim is not create violence. We raided a pub, but nobody understands that there is a drug mafia and sex mafia working in the area and lot of females are becoming victims of that. I agree that our way to protest was not right. I will tell my party activists to rather carry their protest in a peaceful manner,” said Muthalik.
He said that his forum would submit a memorandum to the State authorities to stop all preparedness for the Valentine’’s Day.
“A team of the party members will meet the Governor, State chief and the Home (interior) Minister and would give a memorandum asking to stop any celebrations on Valentine’’s Day. We are also requesting the police and also all college campus to stop celebrations for the Valentine’’s Day,” he added.
It may be recalled that activists of Sri Ram Sena had raided a pub here on January 25 and beat up four women who were present there.
The enraged activists of Sri Rama Sena had barged into the lounge bar ”Amnesia”, abused the owner and customers and beat up the women, even as they tried to run to safety. Muthalik, who was arrested, later released on bail.
The police have charged the arrested persons of Sri Ram Sena for acts of criminal assault, intimidation, outrage of modesty of women and criminal trespass. (ANI)
- Sri Ram Sene Chief Pramod Muthalik banned from Mangalore - Mar 16, 2009
- Black-faced Muthalik demands justice - Feb 12, 2010
- 'Rent-a-riot' Muthalik pays for his fanaticism (Letter from Bangalore) - May 21, 2010
- Goa CM dismisses Sri Ram Sene chief as inconsequential - Jun 27, 2012
- Ram Sene chief Muthalik attacked in Bangalore - Feb 11, 2010
- Muthalik's entry in Karnataka district banned - Mar 16, 2009
- Hema Malini, Usha Uthup condemn anti-Valentine Day stance of Sri Rama Sena - Feb 07, 2009
- Action against those inviting Muthalik to Goa: CM - Jul 18, 2012
- Muthalik will be arrested if he enters Goa: Parrikar (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Better tie the nuptials or Rakhi on Valentines Day, warns Sri Ram Sena - Feb 05, 2009
- Mysore Police takes Sri Ram Sene chief into custody - Apr 06, 2009
- Moral brigades to keep off this Valentine's Day - Feb 12, 2012
- Rama Sene chief apologises for Mangalore attack (Lead) - Jan 28, 2009
- Moral brigades not to play spoilsport on Valentine's Day (Lead) - Feb 12, 2012
- Mangalore hooligans get bail, their leader promises to behave (Lead) - Jan 31, 2009
Tags: criminal assault, criminal trespass, four women, home interior, interior minister, intimidation, memorandum, outrage of modesty, party activists, party members, peaceful manner, sena, sex mafia, sri ram, sri rama, state authorities, state chief, valentine s day, wrong hands, youngsters