‘Practical’ designs are USP of LIFWNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:14 am ICT by admin
Phadnis said his women’s collection - using silk in solids, checks and stripes and geometric and ethnic motifs - were practical and for everyone.
“I’ve kept my emphasis more on colours; I’ve kept lots of bright colours. My styling was very Indian, music was very different. I think that was my USP in today’s show,” said Phadnis.
Bollywood actress Esha Deol seemed completely enamoured by designer’s new range that was showcased here.
“I like everything - him, his clothes. He can make filmy clothes and non-filmy clothes also…I like his cuts. I like everything about his clothes,” she said.
Meanwhile, Nikasha’s Spring/Summer collection titled “Wandering Minstrels” merged the modern with the traditional, keeping her designs fun while keeping to a style of minimalism.
“Give it a little modern twist, a sporty kind of edge and the wigs that you saw were straight blunt cut and so I have given it a certain minimalism modern kind of look and hopefully it has worked well with the Indians - the roots in India and a modern minimal look,” she said.
Designer Araiya also showcased her collection and had Bollywood actress Konkona Sen walk the ramp in one of her designs.
LIFW is the first event independently organised by fashion accessories major, Lakme. The Fall/Winter Week was held in March at the National Centre forerforming Arts (NCPA) in Mumbai. (ANI)
- Malaika and Amrita walk the ramp for Vikram Phadnis - Mar 03, 2012
- Designer Vijay Balhara showcases his collection at LIFW - Mar 08, 2010
- Vivek Oberoi walks the ramp at LIFW - Mar 07, 2010
- Manish Malhotra's Indian resort wear leaves a breezy impact on audience - Mar 07, 2010
- Raakesh Agarvwal sparkles at Pune Fashion Week - Nov 18, 2010
- Manish Malhotra to be LFW grand finale designer - Jul 05, 2011
- Pallavi Jaikishan goes traditional at LFW - Aug 04, 2012
- Payal Kapoor to revive Benaras motifs at LFW (With Images) - Jul 20, 2012
- Designers, not celebrities in focus at LFW (Rerview) - Mar 07, 2012
- Manish Malhotra brings curtains down on LFW in style - Aug 22, 2011
- Ritu Kumar, Malkani showcase their collections at Lakme Fashion Week - Sep 19, 2010
- Kirron walks the ramp, adds film flavour (With Images) - Aug 05, 2012
- When showstopper Zoa Morani slipped on the ramp - Mar 04, 2012
- Rina Dhaka returns to LFW after two years - Aug 18, 2011
- LFW: Jatin Verma, Vizyon showcase a glamorous, gothic collection - Aug 04, 2012
Tags: black ivory, blunt cut, bollywood actress, bright colours, clothes, enamoured, esha deol, ethnic motifs, filmy, fuchsia, indian music, konkona sen, lakme, minimalism, ncpa, showcased, summer collection, usp, vikram phadnis, wandering minstrels