Prachanda to visit China to attend Olympic concluding ceremonyAugust 18th, 2008 - 4:23 pm ICT by ANI
Kathmandu, Aug 18 (ANI): Nepals Prime Minister Pushpa Kamal Dahal alias Prachanda will visit China on Saturday to take part in the concluding ceremony of Beijing Olympic.
This will be Prachanda’’s first foreign tour as Prime Minister.
Chinese ambassador to Nepal Zheng Xiangling had met him on Sunday and invited him to visit China to attend the concluding ceremony of the Olympic Games.
Nepal could not send its top state representative to Olympic opening ceremony due to political stalemate.
It is rare for a Nepali Prime Minister choosing a country other than India for his maiden foreign tour.
However, a delegation of Indian political leaders that is currently in Nepal met Prachanda today and forwarded him Indian premier Dr Manmohan Singh’’s invitation for a tour to India, Nepalnews reported. (ANI)
- Peoples Liberation Army to be deputed for Prachandas security - Aug 18, 2008
- New Nepal PM to visit India, sidestepping controversy - Sep 07, 2011
- India treads gingerly in Nepal - Aug 31, 2011
- Nepal Maoist chief to visit China again - Sep 27, 2010
- All eyes on Nepal president's maiden India visit - Feb 15, 2010
- New Nepal PM sidesteps first foreign trip row - Feb 11, 2011
- Nepal's Maoist chief leaves for China - Oct 22, 2010
- Krishna holds bilateral talks, sets stage for Nepal PM's visit - Apr 20, 2011
- Nepal president to visit India? - Dec 11, 2009
- Ousted Nepal king may try wedding diplomacy in India - Nov 06, 2010
- Indian foreign secretary's Nepal visit ends - Jan 20, 2011
- UN hails end of crisis in Nepal - Feb 04, 2011
- Fourth round of Nepal prime ministerial election today - Aug 06, 2010
- Nepal Maoists defend disputed Buddha birthplace deal - Aug 10, 2011
- Four Tibetans held during sombre Dalai Lama birthday in Nepal - Jul 06, 2011