Prachanda meets kin of Ramhari Shrestha killed by MaoistsMay 22nd, 2008 - 3:07 pm ICT by admin
Kathmanu, May 22 (ANI): Communist Party of Nepal (Maoist) Chairman Prachanda today met wife and brother of Ramhari Shrestha who was killed by the Maoist Peoples’ Liberation Army (PLA) in captivity.
According to Nepalnews, Prachanda invited Shrestha’s wife Ramila and brother Gyan Kumar Shrestha for talks at a hotel in Thamel.
According to sources, Prachanda assured them that the party would thoroughly probe the killing of Shrestha. He also promised to take initiative to form high level investigation commission from Government level.
Ramhari Shrestha, a resident of Koteshwore and a sympathiser of Maoists, had been killed after he was abducted on charge of being involved in theft of Rs 1.7 million from Maoist workers who used to stay in rented apartment at his residence. (ANI)
- Valley shutdown affects normal life in Kathmandu - May 21, 2008
- Over 6,000 Maoists 'retire' in Nepal - Apr 20, 2012
- Anti-Maoist protests in Kathmandu after murder - May 16, 2008
- Maoist 'child soldiers' on warpath again - Aug 08, 2011
- China scale gets heavier in Nepal - Oct 21, 2010
- Prachanda holds talks with UML leaders - May 21, 2008
- Nepal's diplomatic scale tilts towards China (Lead) - Oct 21, 2010
- India not interfering, Shyam Saran tells Nepal Maoists - Aug 05, 2010
- Maoists return to power in Nepal - Aug 28, 2011
- With India on UNSC, Nepal Maoists rethink strategy - Dec 01, 2010
- Nepal Maoists deny link to Iqbal Kaskar shooting - May 19, 2011
- Another Hindu militant group on rise in Nepal? - Jun 06, 2010
- Kathmandu closure Wednesday over Maoist killing - May 19, 2008
- Maoist army passes into Nepal government control (Lead) - Jan 22, 2011
- Dogged by taint, Maoists lose Nepal PM poll seventh time(Lead) - Sep 07, 2010
Tags: abducted, apartment, brother, captivity, communist party of nepal, communist party of nepal maoist, government level, initiative, investigation commission, maoist, maoists, peoples liberation army, pla, prachanda, rs 1, shrestha, thamel