Powerful employees more likely to face conflicts at workplaceAugust 20th, 2008 - 6:25 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Aug 20 (ANI): A new study from University of Toronto has revealed that people with senior level of job authority are more likely to face interpersonal conflicts at workplace.
The study involving data from a 2005 sample of 1,785 working adults in the United States documents the link between power and conflict in the workplace across a broad cross-section of jobs and sectors.
The analysis showed that workers with higher levels of job authority report significantly higher levels of exposure to interpersonal conflict from all sources at work.
The younger workers with power report the highest level of conflict with others in the workplace.
Moreover, men with authority report more conflict than similarly positioned women.
“We show that a highly desired attribute of the jobauthoritycomes with some interpersonal costs, but those costs aren”t distributed equally across key social groups,” said Schieman.
The findings are published in the August edition of the journal Work and Occupations. (ANI)
- Seniors more prone to interpersonal conflicts - Aug 20, 2008
- People in authority suffer from psychological problems - Oct 20, 2009
- Power at work may be bad for mental, physical health - Oct 20, 2009
- Workplace really does interfere with personal life - Jan 13, 2010
- Workplace woes do impact personal life - Jan 13, 2010
- The downside of flexible work hours - Sep 30, 2010
- Women feel guilty dealing with work issues at home: Study - Mar 09, 2011
- Younger parents less able to control anger (Lead) - Dec 01, 2009
- Youngsters, parents, less educated easily get angry - Dec 01, 2009
- Creative work comes with a 'stressful' price tag - Jun 10, 2010
- Exercise at work boosts output - Sep 08, 2011
- Less educated, youth unable to control anger - Dec 01, 2009
- Employees most invested in their jobs 'have highest stress levels' - Jan 26, 2011
- Workplace myths debunked: 9 things you should never assume at work - Jan 25, 2011
- Boss gender influences workers'' mental and physical health - Sep 10, 2008