Posthumous Oscar for Heath LedgerFebruary 23rd, 2009 - 10:19 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Feb 23 (IANS) Late Hollywood actor Heath Ledger was awarded a posthumous Oscar for best supporting role for his performance in “The Dark Knight”.
Ledger immortalised the character of the “Clown” in the film based on the DC Comics “Batman” series.
Ledger died of a drug overdose in January 2008, a few months before the release of the movie directed by Christopher Nolan.
Ledger’s father, mother and sister received the Oscar award on his behalf here Sunday.
“This award is a testimony to what he has achieved,” said the actor’s father Kim Ledger.
- No replacement of Ledger in 'The Dark Knight' sequel - Jun 08, 2010
- Unseen footage of Heath Ledger to be used in next Batman movie? - Dec 02, 2010
- Anne Hathaway From Tiara To Catsuit In 'The Dark Knight Rises' - Jan 20, 2011
- No replacement for Heath Ledger's Joker role in Batman - Jun 07, 2010
- Batman 3 movie title revealed - Oct 28, 2010
- Nolan announces 'Batman 3' title - Oct 28, 2010
- Keaton Praises Nolan - Jul 19, 2010
- No Joker In "Batman 3"? - Jul 17, 2010
- Sequel of 'The Dark Night' to Hit Screens in 2012 - May 03, 2010
- No Heath Ledger In Dark Knight Rises - Dec 05, 2010
- 'The Dark Knight' sequel to hit screens in 2012 - May 02, 2010
- 'Dark Knight Rises' Make Batman Fans Expectant - Jan 20, 2011
- Robin Williams Possibly Playing The Villain In Batman 3 - Jul 03, 2010
- 'The Dark Knight Rises' Not The Last Batman Movie For Christian Bale? - Jan 23, 2011
- Robin Williams Wants A Role In Next Batman Movie - Jun 30, 2010
Tags: actor heath, batman, batman series, christopher nolan, clown, dark knight, dc comics batman, drug overdose, father mother, heath ledger, hollywood, hollywood actor, mother and sister, oscar award, testimony