Popular personalities in Kashmir and Bihar cast voteMay 7th, 2009 - 10:36 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar(J-K), Patna Saheb, Bakhtiarpur (Bihar), May 7 (ANI): Among the crowd of the ordinary voters across seven States that underwent Lok Saba polls for the fourth phase, there were some high profile voters that attracted attention.
In Srinagar, Omar Abdullah, the chief minister of Jammu and Kashmir and leader of National Conference (NC), also casted his vote, as thousands of other people exercised their franchise on Thursday.
Omar casted his vote in the prestigious Srinagar Lok Sabha constituency.
Talking to media, Omar praised Rahul Gandhi, the General Secretary of the Congress party, saying that there is a politician inside him whereas his traits had been underestimated.
“I think it confirms what lot of us have felt and what some of youhave discounted that there is actually a politician inside Rahul. Some of you underestimate his ability to recognise what is politically prudent and what isn’t,” said Omar Abdullah.
In Bihar, Nitish Kumar, the Bihar chief minister travelled by train from Patna to cast his vote at Bakhtiarpur. He appealed to all that they must vote and expressed happiness for having been able to cast his own vote.
“Today I am very happy to cast my vote. Every citizen should cast hisor her vote because voting will only decide what policies will work. That’swhy I appeal everybody should vote,” said Nitish Kumar.
Meanwhile, in Patna, where a major battle is on between two Bollywood actors Shatrughan Sinha of the BJP and Shekhar Suman of the Congress Party.
Shekhar Suman accompanied his mother and gladly reciprocated to the greetings of his well-wishers while going to cast his vote.
While Shatrughan Sinha of the BJP was cheered by a huge crowd ofadmirers at the polling station.
“People in large number who have gathered here to support us and arevery enthusiastic, it is unprecedented and historical. On the basis of thisunprecedented and historical happening we can say that future of the residents of Patna Saheb and BJP and NDA supporters is bright. Nitish Kumar in particular has done a lot for this. People have gathered here for the development, also because they trust me and for the development of Bihar. It is clear now,” said Shatrughan Sinha.
The fifth and final stage of the multi-phased elections will be held on May13 while the results will be let known on May 16. (ANI)
- Shatrughan Sinha leading over Shekhar Suman in Patna Saheb - May 16, 2009
- Big B to attend Bihar Diwas - Feb 07, 2012
- Shatrughan maintains lead over Shekhar Suman in Patna Saheb (Lead) - May 16, 2009
- Shekhar Suman resigns from Congress - Feb 18, 2012
- Shatrughan Sinha proves to be the real 'Bihari babu' - May 16, 2009
- People in Bihar voting for peace, says Nitish Kumar - May 07, 2009
- Shatrughan Sinha stable, but gets breathless - Jul 11, 2012
- Lalu confident of RJD's good performance in Bihar - May 07, 2009
- Shatrughan Sinha remains in hospital, medication adjusted: Doctor - Jul 12, 2012
- Shatrugan Sinha's better, says doctor (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Not worried about low turnout: Nitish Kumar (Lead) - May 07, 2009
- Only Shatrughan, Shahnawaz secular in BJP: Lalu - Jul 05, 2012
- Shatrughan Sinha's hospital stay to continue - Jul 07, 2012
- Never in Politics again: Shekhar Suman - Mar 02, 2012
- Never in politics again, says Shekhar Suman (Lead) - Mar 02, 2012
Tags: bjp, bollywood actors, cast vote, chief minister, congress party, fourth phase, general secretary, jammu and kashmir, Lok Sabha, nitish kumar, patna, polling station, rahul gandhi, sabha constituency, sahe, saheb, shatrughan, shatrughan sinha, shekhar suman, well wishers