Polling for Inner Manipur seat beginsApril 22nd, 2009 - 11:42 am ICT by ANI
Imphal, apr 22 (ANI): Polling for the Inner Manipur (valley districts) Lok Sabha seat constituency began today amidst tight security.
The polling will decide the fate of seven candidates. The main contest is between M Nara of the Communist Party of India (CPI), Th Chaoba of the Manipur People’s Party and Th Meinya of the Congress.
Other candidates are W Nipamacha of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), A Rahaman (Independent), Nongmaithem Homendro (Independent) and lone woman candidate L Khetrani of the Bahujan Congress Party.
A total of 8.25 lakh voters are expected to cast their votes.
Around 970 polling booths have been spread across the valley districts of Imphal East, Imphal West, Thoubal and Bishenpur.Manipur has two Lok Sabha seat.
Polling for the Outer Manipur seat was held on April 16 during the first phase of polling. (ANI)
- Brisk polling in Manipur - Apr 22, 2009
- Manipur witnesses 62 per cent turn out in second phase of LS polls - Apr 22, 2009
- Congress scores hat trick in Manipur (Roundup) - Mar 06, 2012
- Campaigning ends for Manipur's seat - Apr 20, 2009
- Congress set to score hat trick in Manipur (Fourth Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- Polling underway in Manipur - Apr 22, 2009
- Congress scores hat trick in Manipur (Fifth Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- Manipur sees 60 percent polling in second phase (Lead) - Apr 22, 2009
- Northeast politicians want to join BJP: Gadkari - May 13, 2012
- Trinamool takes on Congress in Manipur - Jan 22, 2012
- Manipur: Prominent winners and losers - Mar 06, 2012
- MP seeks to protect Manipur's territorial integrity - Apr 28, 2012
- Voting peaceful in Manipur (Lead) - Jan 28, 2012
- Six killed in Manipur, poll turnout over 70 percent (Fourth Lead) - Jan 28, 2012
- Manipur sees over 80 percent turnout, seven killed (Night Lead) - Jan 28, 2012