Political movements lacking in ideology, says Somnath ChatterjeeMarch 3rd, 2009 - 8:34 pm ICT by ANI
Thiruvanathapuram, Mar 3 (ANI): Lok Sabha Speaker Somnath Chatterjee on Tuesday said that it was a matter of concern that many political movements in the country were getting increasingly removed from ideology and fundamental precepts.
Chatterjee was here to receive the first Baby John award for probity in Public life.
Nagaland Governor K. Shankaran Narayanan inaugurated the functioning of Baby John Foundation.
On the occasion, the Lok Sabha Speaker said that the moral degradation was affecting the vitals of Indian political milieu.
He also urged young generation to take a proactive role in politics.
The foundation has been constituted in memory of the former Kerala Minister and Revolutionary Socialist Party (RSP) leader Baby John.
John was also one of the founders of coalition politics in the state. (ANI)
- Credibility of parliamentary system getting questioned: Somnath - Aug 13, 2012
- Nothing extraordinary in Rajya Sabha proceedings: Somnath - Dec 30, 2011
- West Bengal assembly celebrates platinum jubilee - Aug 13, 2012
- West Bengal assembly celebrates 75 years - Aug 13, 2012
- Two voters die in third phase of Bengal elections (Third Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Brisk polling in third phase of Bengal elections (Second Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Northeast's lawmakers vote in presidential poll - Jul 19, 2012
- Buddhadeb, Biman, Mamata at same function - at long last - May 20, 2011
- Lok Sabha adjourned briefly after MP falls sick - Feb 24, 2011
- Peaceful voting, 75 percent turnout in Bengal (Roundup) - Apr 27, 2011
- Peaceful voting, 80 percent turnout in Bengal (Intro Roundup) - Apr 28, 2011
- Two voters die, 64 percent turnout till 3 p.m. in Bengal (Fourth Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Bengal industry minister meets Somnath Chatterjee - Jun 21, 2011
- Manmohan, Kalam or Somnath for president: SP, Trinamool - Jun 13, 2012
- Manas Bhuniya, Somnath take a dig at Mamata - Oct 07, 2010
Tags: baby john, coalition politics, founders, fundamental precepts, kerala, Lok Sabha, memory, moral degradation, political milieu, proactive role, probity, revolutionary socialist party, shankaran, somnath chatterjee, vitals, young generation