Political activities reach new heights ahead of the general electionsApril 11th, 2009 - 10:46 pm ICT by ANI
Patna, Apr 11 (ANI): Political activities are on a high ahead of the general elections as leaders of various parties are exuding optimism of gaining peoples confidence.
Janata Dal- United leader and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday slammed Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad and Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) president Ram Vilas Paswan for taking actor Sanjay Dutt’s support to pull crowd.
“You can see that Lalu and Paswan used to consider themselves crowd pullers. But now they have to call Sanjay Dutt to conduct meetings and pull crowd. What can be worse than this?” Kumar said.
Meanwhile, Samajwadi Party (SP) General Secretary Amar Singh said his party’s alliance with the RJD and the LJP would pose a formidable challenge.
“If in the past Lalu, Mulayam and Paswan would not have committed certain mistakes, there would have been neither Nitish in Bihar nor Mayawati in Uttar Pradesh. We have decided to forget the past, set the present in order and lay the foundation for a better tomorrow,” Singh said.
At the same time, former Union Minister Buta Singh has decided to contests polls from the Jalore parliamentary constituency in Rajasthan after being ‘ignored’ by the Congress.
“I wanted to contest from the Ganganagar parliamentary constituency. In fact my sources in the party told me that I would be given the ticket. But at the last moment the ticket was given to someone else. So I came back to my old constituency at people’s beckoning,” Singh said. (ANI)
- Rabri Devi files nomination papers for upcoming Bihar Assembly polls - Oct 09, 2010
- RJD paves way for tie-up with Congress in Bihar - Oct 18, 2010
- RJD, LJP seal seat sharing agreement ahead of Bihar assembly polls - Aug 16, 2010
- JD-U and BJP sweep Bihar, RJD and Congress humiliated (Fourth Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- Bihar polls: Test of governance, rule of law in phase three - Oct 27, 2010
- Nitish Kumar's alliance heads for victory in Bihar (Second Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- JD-U, BJP take early lead in Bihar (Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- Lalu slams Nitish for mounting inflation in Bihar - Oct 16, 2010
- Lalu as chief minister? Others call it daydreaming - Aug 17, 2010
- Bihar ready for round one of elections - Oct 20, 2010
- Lalu congratulates Nitish, but not BJP - Nov 24, 2010
- Nitish battles for supremacy in Round one (Bihar Curtainraiser - Phase 1) - Oct 19, 2010
- Jailed criminal from Nitish's camp wins - Nov 24, 2010
- Development overrides caste in Bihar battle - Oct 17, 2010
- Campaign ends for first phase of Bihar polls - Oct 19, 2010
Tags: amar singh, better tomorrow, bihar, buta singh, chief minister, crowd pullers, general elections, general secretary, last moment, ljp, lok, Mayawati, nitish kumar, parliamentary constituency, prasad, rajasthan, ram vilas paswan, sanjay dutt, union minister, vilas