Police start probe into video clip of Kashmiri youthSeptember 9th, 2010 - 9:12 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Sep 9 (IANS) The Jammu and Kashmir police Thursday registered a case of false and malicious propaganda for the uploading of a three-minute video clip, purportedly of four youth being paraded naked by security forces, posted anonymously on various social networking websites.
“Police has taken cognizance of the three-minute video clip purportedly showing some boys being paraded by the security forces in Sopore town, uploaded on YouTube and Facebook,” a statement issued here said.
“In the initial investigations, it has been found that these reports have not been verified as yet and, therefore, to attribute it to the security forces is intended to malign them and spread disaffection amongst the people. The act is highly regrettable,” it said.
“Investigation is being taken up to locate the people responsible for uploading of this baseless and malicious clip,” the statement said, adding action shall also be taken against other organisations who tried to propagate it.
Home Minister P. Chidambaram had told reporters in Delhi that it was “unsafe to rely on a video posted anonymously on websites and purportedly showing uniformed security personnel in the Kashmir Valley herding four young men stripped naked”.
“No one is able to authenticate the video. Anyone (shown) in the video has not stood up or spoken out,” he said.
Chidambaram also said it was not clear where the video was shot and the people shown in it have not been identified.
“It is unsafe to rely on the video or arrive at a conclusion,” he said.
- J-K police take cognisance of controversial video clip - Sep 09, 2010
- Unsafe to rely upon video on Kashmir youths: Chidambaram - Sep 09, 2010
- Jarawa women dance clip old, videographer will be held: Chidambaram (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Jarawa women dance clip old, videographer will be held: Chidambaram - Jan 12, 2012
- Court bans clip of Russians drinking - Apr 17, 2012
- Security forces battle militants in Sopore gunfight - Feb 21, 2012
- BSF to probe video of troopers beating man - Jan 18, 2012
- BSF suspends eight troopers for filming assault (Lead) - Jan 18, 2012
- Rights abusers will be punished: Omar Abdullah - Aug 15, 2011
- Government denies Andaman tribes exploited (Second Lead) - Jan 11, 2012
- FedEx apologises on behalf of employee who threw monitor over a fence - Dec 23, 2011
- Andamans tribals' semi-naked dance: Authorities promise action (Roundup) - Jan 11, 2012
- Goa ice cream parlour sealed after owner's obnoxious act - Jun 20, 2012
- Lashkar behind Kashmir violence: Chidambaram - Jun 30, 2010
- Two killed in Kashmir protests (Second Lead) - Jun 28, 2010
Tags: cognizance, conclusion, disaffection, home minister, initial investigations, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, kashmir valley, minute video clip, organisations, p chidambaram, propaganda, security forces, security personnel, social networking, uniformed security, uploaded, uploading, young men, youtube