Police releases sketches of Delhi blasts suspectsSeptember 16th, 2008 - 11:07 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Sept 16 (ANI): Delhi Police today released five sketches of three persons suspected to have planted the bombs in the national capital on Saturday leading to serial blasts.
Delhi Police spokesperson Rajan Bhagat told media persons, “We appeal to the people to inform police if they happen to find those resembling to these sketches. Informer’’s identity will be kept secret.”
One of the sketches was that of the person who allegedly planted the bomb in Ghaffar market in Karol Bagh, while two sketches each were of the two men who placed the bombs near a building in Barakhamba road.
The sketches were prepared with the help of at least five eye witnesses, who claimed to have seen the planting of bombs in Ghaffar market and Barakhamba Road.
On Sunday, the eye witnesses were called to the police headquarters to assist them in making sketches.
Besides the teenaged boy selling ballons, a father-son duo who sell breadrolls at Barakhamba Road were also among those called to the headquarters.
At least 24 persons were killed and over 100 injured in the blasts that took place in New Delhis prime market places like Karol Baghs Gaffar market, Connaught Place, Greater Kailash-Is M-Block market and Barakhamba Road in a span of 40-50 minutes on Saturday evening. (ANI)
- Charges framed against 13 in Delhi blasts of 2008 - May 06, 2011
- 2008 Delhi blasts: memories linger, lessons yet to be learnt - Sep 13, 2012
- Terror e-mail holds back shoppers in Delhi, suburbs - Sep 13, 2011
- 2008 Delhi serial blasts: Court to frame charges Feb 21 (Second lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- Delhi serial blasts: Charges to be framed Feb 21 (Lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- High court blast is 19th attack in Delhi in 15 years - Sep 07, 2011
- Ahmedabad blasts accused brought to Delhi - Sep 18, 2008
- Hoax bomb caller arrested in Delhi - Dec 04, 2010
- At least 20 dead, 90 injured in serial blasts in Delhi (Update) - Sep 13, 2008
- Arguments of three more Delhi blasts accused over - Aug 19, 2010
- Death toll in Delhi serial blasts rises 30 - Sep 14, 2008
- Larger apex court bench to decide Pakistani accused's plea - Jan 11, 2012
- Delhi blast: Suspects' sketches released - Sep 07, 2011
- Delhi markets deserted after Mumbai blasts - Jul 14, 2011
- Shivraj Patil reviews Delhi security after blasts - Sep 19, 2008
Tags: bombs, connaught place, delhi blasts, delhi police, eye witnesses, kailash, karol bagh, media persons, New Delhi, police headquarters, police spokesperson, prime market, rajan, saturday evening, serial blasts, span, teenaged boy, three persons, two men, two sketches