Police refutes Kashmir daily’s report on 504 civilians, over 4000 security personnel injuredSeptember 24th, 2010 - 6:51 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar,Sept.24 (ANI): Jammu and Kashmir Police on Friday expressed surprise over a report in the Greater Kashmir daily that alleged that “2000 people have been injured in police, CRPF action” during the past 105 days.
A spokesman for the state polices questioned the figures attributed to some sources, describing it as exaggerated.
The paper also claimed that 504 persons had suffered injuries while security forces, were engaged in controlling scores of law and order situations in various parts of the Valley.
The paper said that 156 persons had been injured in Srinagar, 32 in Budgam; Ganderbal (8); Baramulla (90); Kupwara (21); Sopore (92); Bandipora (10); Anantnag (31); Pulwama (21); Shopian (13); Kulgam (4) and Awantipora (26).
It also claimed that 2660 police personnel had suffered injuries, both grievious and other.
The district wise details of policemen injured are, District Srinagar-640,Budgam-205, Ganderbal-85, Baramulla-503, Kupwara-111, Handwara-42, Sopore-102, Bandipora-97, Anantnag-119, Pulwama-406, Shopian-63, Kulgam-90, Awantipora-97,and from Manigam, 100, Police personnel were injured, the paper said.
It revealed that 1351 CRPF personnel had also suffered serious and other injuries, and added that one policeman had lost his life in mob violence. (ANI)
- Curfew continues in Srinagar; situation remains normal in Valley - Sep 19, 2010
- Curfew continues in Kashmir Valley - Sep 15, 2010
- Kashmir valley largely peaceful; two govt. vehicles set ablaze in Shopian - Sep 15, 2010
- Air services to Srinagar suspended for three days - Sep 14, 2010
- Curfew lifted from different parts of Kashmir valley - Sep 26, 2010
- Separatist shutdown hits life across Kashmir - Aug 03, 2011
- Fourth day of indefinite curfew in Kashmir, toll 90 - Sep 16, 2010
- Separatist shutdown hits life in Kashmir Valley (Lead) - Apr 07, 2012
- Separatist shutdown mars life in Kashmir - Jul 28, 2012
- Four injured as troops open fire on protestors in Shopian - Oct 03, 2010
- Two dozen injured in Kashmir clashes (Lead) - Jul 16, 2010
- Curfew lifted from many parts of Kashmir - Sep 28, 2010
- Kashmir Valley still under curfew - Sep 23, 2010
- Indefinite curfew continues in Kashmir - Sep 15, 2010
- Curfew imposed across entire Valley, stray violence reported (Lead) - Sep 14, 2010