Police recover missing Sikh girl of Baramulla from SrinagarAugust 29th, 2010 - 11:36 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar, Aug. 29 (ANI): A joint team of Baramulla and Srinagar police has found out a missing Sikh girl of Baramulla from a Srinagar locality.
The girl (name withheld), who had allegedly been kidnapped recently, was traced out by the joint police team on Saturday.
On August 24, a missing report was lodged in police station Baramulla that a Sikh girl was missing.
Following this, police started investigation and came to fore that the girl was kidnapped. A First Information Report (FIR) was lodged under section 366 RPC.
Various teams of police were set up which carried out raids in different parts of the area.
The girl has been handed over to her family. (ANI)
- J-K police file 3 FIRs against Mirwaiz Farooq for instigating violence - Sep 12, 2010
- Two cops arrested in Sopore custodial death case - Aug 07, 2011
- Jammu-Kashmir arrest two persons for kidnapping a newly wedded woman - Dec 17, 2009
- Jammu-Kashmir police arrest two persons for kidnapping a newly wedded woman - Dec 18, 2009
- 304 cases registered against security forces in Kashmir - Mar 05, 2012
- 20 charged for arson during 2010 Kashmir unrest - Dec 13, 2011
- Kashmir police bust human trafficking racket - Mar 09, 2012
- FIR lodged against former Nazim for forcibly converting Hindu girl to Islam in Pak - Sep 15, 2010
- Bhanwari Devi case: Key suspect held in Maharashtra - Jan 04, 2012
- Mehbooba Mufti, Geelani under house arrest in Srinagar - Jul 31, 2011
- Court sends notices over Rajasthan's missing people - Mar 01, 2012
- Five troopers held for Kashmir firing death (Second Lead) - Jan 02, 2012
- Human trafficking manual helps police in northeast - Feb 20, 2011
- Court asks police to rescue missing Delhi girl - Jun 17, 2009
- Rajasthan minister named in FIR, opposition wants him out - Sep 24, 2011