PMK releases its manifesto for general electionsMarch 27th, 2009 - 5:15 pm ICT by ANI
Chennai, Mar 27 (ANI): The Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK) on Friday released its manifesto for upcoming general elections.
The manifesto, released by the PMK founder Dr. S. Ramadoss here said the party would be persuaded to create 50 states from the existing 28 to promote equitable accelerated development in various regions.
Ramdoss said efficiency and good governance could be provided in smaller states.
The party said the concept of creamy layer for Other Backward Classes (OBCs) would also be removed.
The manifesto has also raised the Sri Lankan Tamil issue, stating that Elam was the only solution to end the decades-old armed conflict.
The PMK released its manifesto a day after the party snapped its ties with the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) after five years of partnership.
The party has now decided to go with the All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK)-led front for the Lok Sabha elections in Tamil Nadu and Puducherry.
In the 2004 Lok Sabha elections, the PMK was part of the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK)-led Democratic Progressive Alliance (DPA), which won in all the 40 constituencies in the State and the Puducherry. The party then bagged six seats. (ANI)
- Filing of nomination for TN, Puducherry and Kerala to end today - Mar 26, 2011
- DMK joins hands with PMK for Tamil Nadu assembly polls - Feb 18, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi to visit poll-bound Tamil Nadu, Puducherry - Apr 04, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi to address election rally in Puducherry - Apr 05, 2011
- Final tally for Tamil Nadu elections - May 14, 2011
- PMK to be part of the DMK-Congress alliance in Tamil Nadu: - Jan 30, 2011
- Presidential poll voting ends in Puducherry, still on in Tamil Nadu - Jul 19, 2012
- Karunanidhi to discuss seat-sharing with PM, Sonia - Jan 31, 2011
- Karunanidhi meets Prime Minister, discusses fishermen killings - Jan 31, 2011
- AIADMK releases candidates list for LS elections - Apr 09, 2009
- PMK joins hands with AIADMK in Tamil Nadu - Mar 26, 2009
- Tamil Nadu polls: AIADMK finalises agreement with CPI (M) - Mar 19, 2011
- PMK to formally decide on joining AIADMK - Mar 26, 2009
- Tamil Nadu polls: Allies urge Vaiko to reconsider boycott - Mar 21, 2011
- DMK to contest 21 seats, Congress 16 - Mar 29, 2009
Tags: 50 states, accelerated development, aiadmk, armed conflict, constituencies, dmk, dpa, dravida munnetra kazhagam, efficiency, elections in tamil nadu, general elections, good governance, lok sabha elections, manifesto, pmk, progressive alliance, puducherry, ramadoss, sri lankan tamil, UPA