PM welcome in Kashmir if he initiates steps to solve state’s problems: Umar FarooqSeptember 21st, 2009 - 7:19 pm ICT by ANI
By Bilal Butt
Srinagar, Sep 21 (ANI): The chairman of the moderate faction of the All Parties Hurriyat Conference, Mirwaiz Moulvi Muhammad Umar Farooq, said on Monday that he would welcome a visit to the state by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to the Kashmir Valley if he initiates steps to resolve the long pending Kashmir issue.
Addressing a gathering on the occasion of Eid, Farooq said: “Today, I would like to welcome India’s Prime Minister Manmohan Singh who is coming to Kashmir in some days if he announces some steps to solve the Kashmir problem.
Farooq will leave for New York on Tuesday to attend a ministerial meeting of the Organization of Islamic Countries (OIC) contact group on Kashmir, to be held on the sidelines of the 64th session of the United Nations General Assembly.
He has also been invited to the annual co-ordination meeting of OIC foreign ministers on September 28. The Centre has permitted him to attend these meetings in New York. (ANI)
- Hurriyat Conference willingness to participate in peace talks welcomed - Sep 26, 2009
- Chinks in Mirwaiz-led Hurriyat Conference? - May 07, 2012
- Kashmir must join India-Pakistan dialogue: Separatists (Second Lead) - Jul 26, 2011
- India terms OIC's Kashmir description 'most regrettable' - Jun 22, 2011
- Clash at Hurriyat seminar in Kashmir - May 20, 2012
- Hurriyat leader's statement proves our point: police (Lead) - Jan 03, 2011
- Hurriyat calls for shutdown in Srinagar on death anniversary of Mirwaiz and Lone - May 21, 2010
- Ready to talk to New Delhi: Mirwaiz - Jul 25, 2011
- Government names Kashmir interlocutors, Geelani says 'futile' (Roundup) - Oct 13, 2010
- Kashmiri separatists to meet Khar in Delhi - Jul 26, 2011
- Moderate Hurriyat issues notice to three leaders - Jun 01, 2012
- Ansari says he is happy to be out of Hurriyat - Apr 22, 2011
- Omar again asks BJP to abandon Kashmir yatra - Jan 14, 2011
- Separatist leader Abdul Gani Bhat admits separatist leaders killed by his own people - Jan 03, 2011
- Don't make Kashmir dialogue tactic to bide time: Mirwaiz (Interview) - Sep 14, 2010
Tags: all parties hurriyat conference, butt, contact group, eid, faction, foreign ministers, kashmir, kashmir issue, kashmir problem, kashmir valley, manmohan, manmohan singh, muhammad umar, ordination, organization of islamic countries, parties hurriyat conference, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, sidelines, united nations general assembly