PM to visit Jammu March 5February 7th, 2011 - 12:38 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Feb 7 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will visit Jammu March 5 to inaugurate the newly built residential flats for Kashmiri Hindu migrants and also to address the convocation of the Sher-e-Kashmir Agricultural University, government sources said Monday.
During his daylong stay here, the prime minister will visit Jagti where a satellite township has come up to accommodate Kashmiri Pandit migrants there. The Kashmiri Pandits, who had migrated from the Kashmir Valley, had been living in one-room tenements in migrant camps on the outskirts of the city.
Manmohan Singh had laid the foundation stone of this complex in July 2007, when he had last visited Jammu.
According to the highly placed sources, he will also attend and address the convocation of the Sher-e-Kashmir Agricultural University in the winter capital of Jammu and Kashmir.
This will be the prime minister’s first visit to the state after the summer unrest in the Kashmir Valley in 2010.
He had last visited the state June 7 last year when he addressed the convocation of the Sher-e-Kashmir Agricultural University (Kashmir division).
The summer of 2010 saw unrest in the Valley in which over 100 people died, mostly in clashes between stone-pelting protesters and security forces.
- PM's two-day Jammu visit from Thursday - Feb 28, 2011
- Hospital, schools to be set up for Kashmiri migrants - Jul 23, 2011
- PM visiting Jammu and Kashmir Friday - Mar 04, 2011
- PM in Jammu for daylong visit - Mar 04, 2011
- Manmohan Singh to visit Jammu Friday - Mar 03, 2011
- PM to visit Kashmir to announce jobs package for youth - Mar 03, 2011
- Kashmiri migrants protest, want free electricity - Sep 04, 2012
- Kashmiri Pandits' sense of security to be restored: Omar - Mar 22, 2011
- Kashmiri Pandits to protest in Delhi - Oct 28, 2011
- Prime Minister inaugurates township for Kashmiri migrants in Jammu - Mar 04, 2011
- All-party team meets Shabir Shah, Kashmiri Pandits - Sep 21, 2010
- India willing to discuss Kashmir with Pakistan: PM (Lead) - Mar 04, 2011
- PM arrives in Srinagar - Jun 07, 2010
- PM inaugurates township for Kashmiri migrants - Mar 04, 2011
- PM to review development projects in Jammu and Kashmir - Jun 08, 2010
Tags: agricultural university, convocation, daylong, foundation stone, government sources, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, kashmir division, kashmir valley, kashmiri pandits, manmohan, manmohan singh, migrant camps, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, residential flats, sher, tenements, university government, winter capital