PM to open Second Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk ReductionNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:36 am ICT by admin
Thirty-three country delegations will be led by their Ministers. The total country delegates will be about 150. In addition, more than 100 experts and 50 NGOs will also participate.
The objectives of the conference are to review the action taken by the various national Governments on the Hyogo Framework of Action, review the implementation of the Beijing Action for Disaster Risk Reduction in Asia, take stock of initiatives taken in various sub-regions of Asia for promoting cooperation within and outside the Governments, share best practices on Disaster Risk Reduction, discuss new international initiatives such as global platform and global facility for Disaster Risk Reduction and develop a vision and road map for Disaster Risk Reduction in Asia.
The conference will have an inter-governmental segment to deliberate on four themes - mainstreaming disaster risk reduction in national policies and programmes, enhancing public-private partnership in Disaster Risk Reduction, integrating disaster reduction into rehabilitation and reconstruction activities and promoting regional co-operation in Disaster Risk Reduction.
Two technical groups will deliberate on the theme of application of science and technology in Disaster Risk Reduction and on integrating Disaster Risk Reduction in development.
An exhibition on disaster management is also being organised in which various national and international organisations will participate.
The outcome of the conference will include a “Delhi Declaration” on Disaster Risk Reduction.
The World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction was held in 2005 at Hyogo, Kobe, Japan in which Hyogo Framework of Action 2005-15 was adopted for building the resilience of nations and communities to natural disasters.
The first Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction was held in September 2005 in Beijing in which Action for Disaster Risk Reduction in Asia was adopted. (ANI)
- NDMA chief to attend global disaster meet - Jul 02, 2012
- Delhi to host Second Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction - Nov 14, 2007
- Ramachandran presides over conference on Disaster Risk Reduction in Incheon - Oct 27, 2010
- Let not political differences affect South Asia integration: India (Roundup) - Mar 09, 2012
- Iranian Interior Minister meets Pranab Mukherjee - Nov 14, 2007
- Terrorism can trigger disasters across borders: PM - Nov 14, 2007
- Call for liberalising trade and travel in South Asia (Lead) - Mar 10, 2012
- Strengthen disaster warning mechanism: Home secretary - May 28, 2012
- Ramachandran to lead Indian team to disaster management meet - Oct 22, 2010
- Menon to open seminar on South Asia next week - Mar 02, 2012
- Krishna heads to Cambodia for three regional meets - Jul 08, 2012
- India urges faster economic integration of South Asia - Mar 09, 2012
- WHO calls for investment in disaster management - Jun 06, 2012
- India pitches for private sector role in South Asian integration - Mar 10, 2012
- India needs new Look-West policy: Vice President - Nov 20, 2010
Tags: country delegations, delhi declaration, disaster management, disaster reduction, disaster risk, framework, global platform, hyogo, international initiatives, international organisations, kobe japan, ministerial conference, national governments, natural disasters, public private partnership, reconstruction activities, regions of asia, risk reduction, technical groups, two day conference