PM to inaugurate Pravasi Bharatiya Divas in Chennai todayJanuary 8th, 2009 - 11:30 am ICT by ANI
Chennai, Jan 8 (ANI): Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh will inaugurate the three-day Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD) 2009 convention here today.
The 7th Indian Diaspora convention is being organised by the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs in partnership with the Government of Tamil Nadu and the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
The theme of PBD 2009 is ”Engaging the Diaspora - The way forward”
President Prathibha Patil will deliver the valedictory address on January 9. She would also confer the Pravasi Bharatiya Samman awards for 2009.
Several Central Ministers and Chief Ministers are also scheduled to address the delegates.
About 1500 delegates from across the world are expected to take part in the PBD.
The focus topics for discussion include “Indian Diaspora : Preservation of Language and Culture”, “Role of Diaspora Youth in the 21st Century India” and “India as an Emerging Power : The Diaspora Factor”.
PBD conventions provide a platform for exchange of views and networking to the Persons of Indian Origin on matters of common interest.
These conventions enable the Government of India to better understand the expectations of the Overseas Indians from the land of their ancestors and to acknowledge their role in India’’s all-round development. (ANI)
- PM to inaugurate PBD 2011 - Sep 22, 2010
- 9th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas to highlight northeast region, says Vayalar Ravi - Sep 22, 2010
- Over 1,500 delegates to attend Indian diaspora conclave in 2012 - Aug 26, 2011
- Pravasi Bharatiya Divas to begin in Chennai today - Jan 07, 2009
- Regional diaspora meet in Dubai this year: Ravi - Jan 09, 2012
- Annual diaspora meet begins in Jaipur Saturday - Jan 05, 2012
- Pravasi Bharatiya Divas starts Friday, northeast in focus - Jan 06, 2011
- New Zealand Governor General to be Chief Guest of Pravasi Bharatiya Divas-2011 - Dec 21, 2010
- 1500 delegates expected at Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2009 in Chennai - Nov 11, 2008
- Trinidad and Tobago PM chief guest at Pravasi Bharatiya Divas - Oct 27, 2011
- Cochin to host next annual Indian diaspora meet - Jun 19, 2012
- Kamla Persad-Bissessar, a 'Pravasi Bharatiya' on her way to India - Jan 01, 2012
- Over 1500 delegates to attend Non-Resident Indians Day - Dec 23, 2009
- Manmohan Singh says qualified professionals will be allowed to practice in India - Jan 08, 2009
- Vayalar skips, Preneet Kaur to lead India at Pravasi Divas - Jun 08, 2011
Tags: ancestors, chief ministers, confederation of indian industry, conventions, culture role, delegates, divas, dr manmohan singh, government of india, government of tamil nadu, india as an emerging power, indian diaspora, indian origin, language and culture, manmohan, manmohan singh, ministry of overseas indian affairs, prathibha patil, topics for discussion, valedictory address