PM to inaugurate Indian Science Congress 2009 in Shillong todayJanuary 3rd, 2009 - 12:01 pm ICT by ANI
Shillong, Jan 3 (ANI): Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh will inaugurate the 96th Indian Science Congress in North Eastern Hill University (NEHU) here today.
The theme this year is “Science Education and Attraction of Talent for Excellence in Research”.
Former President Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam will inaugurate the Children’’s Science Congress on the January 5.
Dr. T. Ramasami, Secretary, Department of Science Technology is the president of Indian Science Congress 2009.
The event which is being held in the North East for the first time, will be attended by a galaxy of scientists from India and abroad, who will interact with each other for common goal of scientific advancement for the good of the society.
These interactions will take place in various sessions, seminars and symposia.
Several public lectures have also been organised on the occasion. There will be a special programme with the focus on the northeastern region. These will include areas such as, biodiversity, natural disaster management, traditional knowledge, digital library, decentralised and clean energy generation, societal and technological response to climate changes.
Science education will be the focus of Children Science Congress.
Under the science education theme, several topics such as, role of academics, attraction of talent and excellence in research will be discussed.
There will also be a national consultation on attraction of talent for R&D Public-Private Partnerships. A panel discussion is also scheduled for Centre-State dialogue on science education.
Besides eminent scientists, hundreds of delegates from different areas of science and technology and a large number of students will participate in this annual gathering.
All adequate arrangements have been made for the event. (ANI)
- Indian Science Congress begins in Shillong Saturday - Jan 02, 2009
- PM to inaugurate Indian Science Congress in Shillong - Dec 22, 2008
- PM says China overtaking Indian science, R&D; spending to double (Lead) - Jan 03, 2012
- 99th Indian Science Congress to focus on women, missiles (Lead) - Jan 01, 2012
- Indian Science Congress 2011 to see five Nobel laureates - Oct 04, 2010
- Manmohan Singh to inaugurate 98th Indian Science Congress - Dec 31, 2010
- PM to inaugurate Indian Science Congress Jan 3 - Dec 31, 2010
- Make your home free from corruption, Kalam tells children - Jan 04, 2012
- Science congress to start Monday - Jan 02, 2011
- 99th Indian Science Congress to focus on women - Aug 25, 2011
- Security stepped up in Bhubaneswar ahead of PM's visit - Jan 02, 2012
- 16th Technology Summit kicks off in New Delhi - Dec 07, 2010
- 98th Science Congress ends, 99th in Bhubaneswar - Jan 07, 2011
- PM for changing 'face of Indian science', R&D; spending to go up - Jan 03, 2012
- India's largest science event kicks off Tuesday - Jan 02, 2012
Tags: abdul kalam, adequate arrangements, children science, climate changes, dr a p j abdul kalam, dr manmohan singh, education theme, eminent scientists, energy generation, indian science congress, manmohan singh, national consultation, natural disaster management, northeastern region, public lectures, public private partnerships, science education, secretary department, shillong, technological response