PM to inaugurate Baglihar project in J-K on FridayOctober 9th, 2008 - 8:58 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct 9 (ANI): Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh is leaving for a two-day visit to Jammu and Kashmir on Friday to inaugurate the 450 MW Baglihar Power Project site in Ramban District of the State.
During his visit the Prime Minister will also flag-off the first train in the Kashmir valley.
Dr. Singh, who will be arriving at Udhampur on Friday, will first inaugurate the 450 MW Baglihar Hydro Electric Power Project in Ramban district and later fly to Srinagar, where on Saturday he will inaugurate the Anantnag-Rajvansher railway section by flagging off Diesel Multiple Unit (DMU) from Nowgam (Srinagar) Railway Station to Anantnag.
The Prime Minister’’s visit coincides with the visit of a business delegation from Pakistan-occupied Kashmir, who arrived in J-K today for a week to tie-up with businessmen from the State.
The Baglihar Project has been completed at a cost of Rs. 5200 crores and will generate 2800 million units of electricity every year. (ANI)
- Kashmir's economic growth depends on power: Omar - Sep 04, 2012
- Prime Minister to arrive in J-K today - Oct 10, 2008
- Manmohan Singh to flag off first train in Kashmir Valley - Oct 08, 2008
- Kashmir focuses on smaller hydroelectric projects - Oct 19, 2011
- Protests rock Kashmir valley ahead of Dr. Singhs visit - Oct 10, 2008
- PM flags off Kashmir train amid shutdown call (Second Lead) - Oct 11, 2008
- Busy schedule awaits prime minister in Srinagar - Oct 10, 2008
- PM to flag off first train in Kashmir Valley today - Oct 11, 2008
- PM flags off first train in Kashmir Valley - Oct 11, 2008
- Tracking Jammu and Kashmir's rail history - Oct 28, 2009
- Kashmir hydro project faces delay due to Pakistan (Lead) - Nov 18, 2010
- PM arrives in Anantnag to inaugurate new railway service - Oct 28, 2009
- Second phase of Baglihar hydel project to start in six months - Oct 03, 2009
- Third-party monitoring of Kashmir's development projects - Dec 02, 2011
- India-Pakistan water dispute escalates power project costs - Nov 18, 2010
Tags: anantnag, baglihar project, business delegation, businessmen, crores, dmu, dr manmohan singh, dr singh, first train, hydro electric power, kashmir, kashmir valley, manmohan, manmohan singh, mw, pakistan occupied kashmir, railway station, udhampur, units of electricity, valley dr