PM to chair full Planning Commission meetingNovember 14th, 2007 - 10:15 am ICT by admin
Further, it disaggregates these targets at the level of States, as they are the implementing agencies.
The proposed Plan recommends to relax Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) norms in key sectors like insurance, private banking, single brand retailing and broadcasting.
Presently, the FDI in insurance sector is capped at 26 per cent, while it is at 51 per cent in single brand retailing.
Sectors like air transport, asset reconstruction firms and cable network are allowed FDI up to 49 per cent.
In the case of FM radio broadcasting, 20 per cent FDI is allowed and it is 26 percent in defence production and print and electronic media.
The draft also suggests that while containing the trade liberalisation, the government should take steps to consolidate the gains from FDI by reducing delays in State level clearances. (ANI)
- Mamata Banerjee opposes FDI in retail, insurance and aviation - Aug 23, 2012
- Nitish Kumar opposes FDI in retail - Jul 31, 2012
- Ally Trinamool joins BJP, Left in opposing FDI in retail - Nov 24, 2011
- Recall of retail FDI regressive, disappointing: India Inc (Roundup) - Dec 07, 2011
- Economic survey bats for FDI in multi-brand retail - Mar 15, 2012
- Trinamool to continue opposition to FDI in retail - Aug 10, 2012
- FDI limit hike proposed in broadcasting sector - Aug 09, 2011
- We will protect shopkeepers against FDI: Karat - Jan 20, 2012
- India Inc welcomes 100 percent foreign equity in single-brand retail - Jan 10, 2012
- Industry feels let down with recall of FDI in retail - Dec 07, 2011
- India allows 100 percent FDI in single brand retail (Roundup) - Jan 10, 2012
- Just 4 percent of India's retail is organised - Nov 30, 2011
- 'National manufacturing policy to be rolled out in January' - Dec 23, 2010
- Government to talk to states on FDI in multi-brand retail - Oct 27, 2010
- States can decide on foreign retail chains: Anand Sharma - Nov 26, 2011
Tags: accompanying, air transport, also suggests that, clearances, defence production, electronic media, eleventh, fdi, fm radio, foreign direct investment, insurance sector, lays down, norms, planning commission, private banking, radio broadcasting, reconstruction, sectors, timely implementation, trade liberalisation