PM to begin two-day Assam visit todayAugust 25th, 2008 - 9:59 am ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Aug 25 (ANI): Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh will begin his two-day visit to Assam from today.
Tight security arrangements have been made in the Jorhat, Nagaon, Kokrajhar and Guwahati areas where the Prime Minister is scheduled to visit.
Today, Dr. Singh is scheduled to lay the foundation stone of the states fourth medical college in Jorhat, and also attend a power-point presentation programme on Majuli, the world’’s largest river island.
Besides, he will interact with the ”Satradhikars” or heads of vaishnavite monasteries of Majuli, who will brief him about the problems faced by the river island.
In the evening, he will address a public meeting at Nagaon in Central Assam.
Tomorrow, the Prime Minister will address the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) in Guwahati. Later, he will visit the Tata Consultancy Services centre.
Before leaving for home, he is also scheduled to lay the foundation of the Kokrajhar University. (ANI)
- Gogoi pushes for World Heritage tag for Assam river island - May 12, 2012
- PM, Sonia visit Assam to assess flood situation - Jul 02, 2012
- Manmohan Singh promises priority for development of Assam, North East - Feb 19, 2011
- Prime minister on two-day visit to Assam - Aug 25, 2008
- PM's Assam visit begins Monday amid high hopes - Aug 24, 2008
- Assam floods: Gogoi orders rescue of marooned - Jun 26, 2012
- Flood situation turns grimmer in Assam - Jun 25, 2012
- Shortage of doctors, nurses India's biggest healthcare challenge: PM - Aug 25, 2008
- Shortage of doctors, nurses biggest healthcare challenge: PM (Lead) - Aug 25, 2008
- PM, Sonia to visit flood-hit Assam, toll rises to 61 - Jul 01, 2012
- Chopper carrying PM returns due to bad weather (Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Manmohan Singh calls for accessibility of medical and education facilities to the poor - Aug 25, 2008
- PM arriving on two-day visit to Assam - Feb 18, 2011
- Rs.50 mn package for South Asia's largest river island - Apr 06, 2010
- PM on two-day visit to Assam from Friday - Feb 17, 2011