PM to arrive in Varanasi todayMarch 14th, 2008 - 11:35 am ICT by admin
Varanasi, Mar 14 (ANI): Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh will arrive here on a two-day visit today.
On Saturday, Dr. Singh will address the 90th convocation of the Banaras Hindu University (BHU). He will be conferred an honorary D. Litt. degree (Honoris causa) by the University for his contributions to the Indian society”.
The University will also confer the honorary D. Litt. degree on Painter Satish Gujral and Historian Irfan Habib, Panjab Singh.
During the convocation, 29 medals, 179 PhDs, 2,023 post graduate degrees and 4,252 bachelor degrees will be distributed to students.
The Prime Minister will leave for
Delhi soon after addressing at the event. (ANI)
- What happened to PM's honorary degree? - Jul 28, 2011
- BHU to confer D. Litt on Manmohan Singh - Mar 15, 2008
- BHU confers D. Litt on Manmohan Singh - Mar 15, 2008
- Jamia to confer honorary degree to UN chief - Apr 25, 2012
- Jamia to confer Doctor of Letters degree to Dalai Lama - Nov 22, 2010
- Tripura varsity confers honorary doctorate on Hasina - Jan 12, 2012
- Manmohan Singh emphasises upon need for universalisation of education - Mar 15, 2008
- IGNOU to honour Dalai Lama - Aug 25, 2011
- Panjab University honour to come home to Khushwant Singh - Jan 22, 2011
- PM confers honorary doctorate on Azim Premji - Aug 18, 2012
- PM's 'missing' degree: varsity suspends one, orders probe - Jul 30, 2011
- Tripura varsity to confer doctorate on Sheikh Hasina - Dec 21, 2011
- Protect, improve traditional knowledge of northeast India: Patil - Sep 25, 2010
- Odisha entrepreneur conferred honorary doctorate in Taiwan - Jun 11, 2012
- Dalai Lama to inaugurate IGNOU's Tibetan study centre - Aug 30, 2011
Tags: bachelor degrees, banaras hindu university, convocation, dr manmohan singh, dr singh, graduate degrees, gujral, habib, historian, manmohan, manmohan singh, medals, panjab, post graduate, prime minister