PM, Sonia Gandhi finalise list of ministers ahead of cabinet expansionMay 27th, 2009 - 6:09 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, May 27 (ANI): Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress President Sonia Gandhi met here today to finalise the list of ministers ahead of the cabinet expansion.
Fifty-nine ministers will take oath in the second round of cabinet expansion on Thursday.Dr. Singh has recommended several names to the President for inclusion in his Council of Ministers.
The names doing the rounds are that of Virbhadra Singh, Vilasrao Deshmukh, Farooq Abdullah, Dayanidhi Maran, A Raja, Mallikarjun Kharge, Kumari Selja, Subodh Kant Sahay, M S Gill, G K Vasan, Pawan Kumar Bansal, Mukul Wasnik, Kantilal Bhuria and M K Azhagiri, who have been recommended for cabinet rank.
The names of Praful Patel, Prithviraj Chavan, Sriprakash Jaiswal, Salman Khursheed, Dinsha Patel, Jairam Ramesh, Krishna Tirath have been recommended for Ministers of State with Independent Charge.
The names of E Ahamed, V Narayanasamy, Srikant Jena, Mullappally Ramachandran, D Purandeswari, Panabaka Lakshmi, Ajay Maken, K H ,Muniyappa, Namo Narain Meena, Jyotiraditya Scindia, Jitin Prasada, A Sai Prathap, Gurudas Kamat, M M Pallam Raju, Mahadev Khandela, Harish Rawat, K V Thomas, Saugata Ray, Dinesh Trivedi, Shishir Adhikari, Sultan Ahmed, Mukul Roy, Mohan Jatua, S S Palanimanickam, D Napoleon, S Jagathrakshakan, S Gandhiselvan, Preneet Kaur, Sachin Pilot, Shashi Tharoor, Bharatsinh Solanki, Tusharbhai Chaudhary, Arun Yadav, Prateek Prakash Patil, R P N Singh, Vincent Pala, Pradeep Jain and Agatha Sangma have been recommended for Ministers of State.
In the first round of swearing-in on Friday, only 19 ministers were inducted along with the Prime Minister. Portfolios have been allocated to only six ministers. (ANI)
- Cabinet expansion today - May 28, 2009
- The new council of ministers after Wednesday's reshuffle - Jan 19, 2011
- Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's new team - Jul 12, 2011
- 59 new ministers inducted into Union cabinet - May 28, 2009
- New ministers in Manmohan Singh's government - May 27, 2009
- Council of Ministers represents a bend of experience and energy: PM - May 28, 2009
- Manmohan Singh readies council of ministers, with personal touch (Roundup) - May 27, 2009
- Manmohan Singh readies council of ministers, with personal touch (Intro Roundup) - May 27, 2009
- 38 ministers take oath in English, 21 in Hindi - May 28, 2009
- Manmohan Singh's 78-member council of ministers finalised (Third Lead) - May 27, 2009
- 59 new ministers to be sworn in Thursday (Second Lead) - May 27, 2009
- Supporters celebrate Indian Cabinet expansion, as ministers take oath - May 29, 2009
- 29 new faces in council of ministers - May 27, 2009
- Manmohan allocates work to all ministers, wants benchmarks set (Second Lead) - May 29, 2009
- Congress takes charge of most economic ministries, DMK's Raja gets IT (Lead) - May 29, 2009
Tags: ajay maken, cabinet expansion, congress president sonia gandhi, dayanidhi maran, dr singh, gurudas kamat, harish rawat, jairam ramesh, list of ministers, m k azhagiri, manmohan singh, pallam raju, pawan kumar, pradeep jain, praful patel, prime minister manmohan singh, purandeswari, srikant jena, vilasrao deshmukh, virbhadra singh