PM reviews security system in MaharashtraDecember 12th, 2008 - 10:35 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Dec. 12 (ANI): Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has asked Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan, who called on him here today, to take all steps to restore the people”’’s faith in the law and order machinery.
Singh said that besides being the country”’’s financial capital, 45 per cent of the country”’’s total industrial production comes from Maharashtra . Therefore, it was all the more important that the people”’’s confidence is restored quickly.
He directed that the State Intelligence machinery should be strengthened.
Chavan informed the Prime Minister of the various actions already underway to fight terrorism including setting up of a State Security Council on the lines of the National Security Council, training of personnel, Police Reforms etc. which a Group of Ministers under the Chairmanship of the Maharashtra Chief Minister would oversee, said an official statement
The Coast Guard would also be strengthened with additional speed boats and state of the art weapons. The Prime Minister assured that special attention would be accorded to Maharashtra with speedy clearance of their proposals by Central Ministries.
The Chief Minister also apprised the Prime Minister of the development issues which are the priority of the State Government including the Mumbai Metro, new Mumbai Airport , Mithi River and coal supply to power plants.(ANI)
- Restore people's faith in law and order, PM tells Chavan - Dec 12, 2008
- Under flak, Chavan meets Sonia, PM - Apr 21, 2012
- Marathi speaking areas of Karnataka should be declared Union Territory: Chavan - Jul 13, 2010
- Maharashtra to monitor all government departments - May 13, 2010
- Ambedkar memorial work to be speeded up, says PM - Aug 18, 2012
- Chavan meets PM on Ambedkar memorial, farmers - Dec 09, 2011
- Make disputed areas a union territory, says Maharashtra - Jul 13, 2010
- Maharashtra gets ready to tackle monsoon - May 25, 2012
- Press Council warns Maharashtra government - Feb 22, 2012
- President felicitates Team India in Mumbai - Apr 03, 2011
- Ensure safety and security in the seas: PM - Oct 01, 2011
- India, Kazakhstan to enhance collaboration to expand economic relationship - Apr 16, 2011
- Maharashtra's Rs.42,000-crore annual plan approved - May 20, 2011
- I am highly honoured and humbled: Prithviraj Chavan - Nov 10, 2010
- Chavan meets Sonia, Pranab over Antrix-Devas agreement - Feb 16, 2011
Tags: ashok, chairmanship, chavan, chief minister, coal supply, law and order, maharashtra, manmohan, manmohan singh, mithi river, mumbai airport, mumbai terror attack, national security council, police reforms, power plants, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, security system, speed boats, state intelligence, state security council