PM in Jammu for daylong visitMarch 4th, 2011 - 11:53 am ICT by IANS
Jammu, March 4 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh arrived in the Jammu and Kashmir winter capital Friday morning on a daylong visit, officials said.
During his trip, the prime minister will meet delegations of some political groups, address the convocation of the Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agriculture Sciences and Technology, Jammu and inaugurate a township for Kashmiri Pandits.
This is Manmohan Singh’s first visit to Jammu after the United Progressive Alliance returned to power for a second term in 2009.
Governor N.N. Vohra, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and ministers received the prime minister at the airport, the officials said.
- PM visiting Jammu and Kashmir Friday - Mar 04, 2011
- PM to visit Jammu March 5 - Feb 07, 2011
- Manmohan Singh to visit Jammu Friday - Mar 03, 2011
- PM's two-day Jammu visit from Thursday - Feb 28, 2011
- PM arrives in Srinagar - Jun 07, 2010
- PM begins two-day visit to Kashmir (Lead) - Jun 07, 2010
- Justice Mahesh Mittal Kumar sworn-in as J&K; chief justice - Jun 08, 2012
- PM begins Kashmir visit amid shutdown (Second Lead) - Jun 07, 2010
- PM to visit Kashmir to announce jobs package for youth - Mar 03, 2011
- Kashmiri Pandits' sense of security to be restored: Omar - Mar 22, 2011
- Army chief visiting Jammu and Kashmir Friday - Jun 14, 2012
- PM meets several delegations in Srinagar - Jun 08, 2010
- Chidambaram to pay obeisance at Vaishno Devi - Apr 06, 2012
- Sustained dialogue only way forward on Kashmir: PM - Mar 04, 2011
- PM inaugurates township for Kashmiri migrants - Mar 04, 2011
Tags: agriculture sciences, chief minister, convocation, delegations, friday morning, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, manmohan, manmohan singh, pandits, political groups, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, progressive alliance, second term, sher, university of agriculture, vohra, winter capital