PM fit to resume workFebruary 22nd, 2009 - 1:07 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 22 (ANI): A month after undergoing coronary heart surgery, Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh is now fit to resume his duties, doctors attending on him said.
“The Prime Minister’’s four weeks recovery time is over. Four weeks mean there is good amount of healing. He is now more or less independent and can resume work,” Dr Vijay D’’silva, ICU specialist attending Dr. Singh said.
Dr. Singh was admitted in the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) on January 24, where an angiography-X-ray examination of the blood vessels was conducted on him.
He also underwent several blood chemistry tests, CT scan and ECG, which affirmed five arterial blockages in the heart.
Dr. Singh opted for immediate surgery, as he wanted to be ready and fully active before the elections. The operation lasted for over 12 hours.
Shortly after getting discharged from the hospital on February 1, Dr. Singh started performing some of his duties from his residence.
As per the advice by specialists, Dr. Singh’’s diet has been supplemented with a high intake of carbohydrates and protein.
He has also been advised to follow a strict exercise regimen to keep control of his diabetes. (ANI)
- Doctors to remove Prime Minister''s stitches today - Feb 08, 2009
- Prime Minister will be absent in the Republic day parade - Jan 23, 2009
- Manmohan Singh eager to resume office early - Jan 26, 2009
- Latest scan can tell need for bypass - Aug 29, 2012
- PM taken off ventilator, talks to his family - Jan 25, 2009
- Prime Minister shifted out of Intensive Care Unit at AIIMS - Jan 28, 2009
- After marathon heart surgery 'PM stable and conscious': head of surgery team - Jan 25, 2009
- Gogoi to undergo heart surgeries in Mumbai (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 30, 2010
- Manmohan Singh likely to be discharged from hospital on Saturday - Jan 30, 2009
- Manmohan Singh discharged from AIIMS - Feb 01, 2009
- PM's heart surgery successful, will be 'fully active' within six weeks (Roundup) - Jan 25, 2009
- Gogoi off ventilator, making speedy recovery - Aug 05, 2010
- Gilani sends bouquet to Manmohan, wishes good luck for his health - Jan 22, 2009
- New angiography technique a boon for many - Feb 03, 2012
- Prime Minister to undergo pre-discharge tests today - Jan 31, 2009
Tags: aiims, all india institute of medical sciences, angiography, arterial blockages, blood chemistry, blood vessels, chemistry tests, coronary heart, ct scan, dr manmohan singh, dr singh, ecg, heart surgery, india institute, manmohan, manmohan singh, ray examination, recovery time, strict exercise regimen, x ray