PM condoles passing away of Puducherry Lt. GovernorApril 6th, 2009 - 5:14 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Apr 6 (ANI): Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh has expressed grief over the demise of Puducherry Lt. Governor Govind Singh Gurjar.
In his condolence message, Dr. Singh remembered Gurjar as a prominent leader of Rajasthan and a dedicated social worker.
“Gurjar always kept up the high traditions of public life, and discharged his duties as the Lt. Governor of Puducherry with grace and dignity,” he said.
The Prime Minister conveyed his heartfelt condolences to the members of the bereaved family.
Gurjar died following a cardiac arrest here on Monday.
Gurjar, 77, was admitted to a private hospital on March 14 following a massive cardiac arrest when he was visiting his native village in Rajasthan.
He suffered another attack on Monday and was declared dead at 6:00 a.m.
Gurjar was appointed Puducherry Lt. Governor on July 23, 2008. (ANI)
- Puducherry Lt. Governor dies of a heart attack - Apr 06, 2009
- President condoles passing away of Puducherry Lt. Governor - Apr 06, 2009
- National leaders condole Dara Singh's death (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- PM, vice president mourn Prabaha Rau's death - Apr 26, 2010
- Veteran Congress leader Bali Ram Bhagat is dead, PM saddened (Lead) - Jan 02, 2011
- Beni Prasad Verma condoles passing away of Arjun Singh - Mar 04, 2011
- PM condoles Bali Ram Bhagat's death - Jan 02, 2011
- Meira Kumar mourns former speaker Bali Ram Bhagat's death - Jan 02, 2011
- 80 dead, 300 injured in flash floods in Leh - Aug 06, 2010
- PM mourns Rajesh Khanna's death - Jul 18, 2012
- Puducherry lieutenant governor dead - Apr 06, 2009
- President, PM condole Homi Sethna's death (Second Lead) - Sep 07, 2010
- Vice President condoles death of Dr. Arjun Kumar Sengupta - Sep 26, 2010
- President, vice president, PM condole Dev Anand's death - Dec 04, 2011
- PM expresses grief over loss of lives in Leh flash floods - Aug 06, 2010
Tags: bereaved family, condolence message, demise, dignity, dr manmohan singh, dr singh, govind, grief, gurjar, heartfelt condolences, lt governor, manmohan, manmohan singh, massive cardiac arrest, New Delhi, prime minister, private hospital, rajasthan, social worker, traditions