PM condoles loss of life in Chilean earthquake, pledges five million dollars towards reliefMarch 5th, 2010 - 2:18 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar.5 (ANI): The Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh, has condoled the loss of life in the earth quake that hit Chile on the 27th Feb 2010.
In a letter to President Dr. Michelle Bachelet of Chile, the Prime Minister conveyed his sympathy over the loss of life and damage to property in the country and as a token of solidarity with the people of Chile made a contribution of USD five million towards the relief and rehabilitation measures.
The text of the Prime Minister’s message is as follows:
“It is with profound sadness that I have learnt of the massive earthquake that hit Chile on 27th February 2010, causing immense loss of life and damage to property and infrastructure across the country.
On behalf of the Government and people of India, I would like to express deep sympathy and condolences to the people of Chile on this great tragedy. Our thoughts and prayers are with the members of the bereaved families.
As a token of our solidarity with the people of Chile, we would like to make a modest cash contribution of US$ 5 million for relief and rehabilitation work following the earthquake.
Please accept, Excellency, the assurances of my highest consideration.” (ANI)
- PM pledges $5 million for Chile earthquake relief - Mar 05, 2010
- India gives $5 mn for Chile quake relief - Mar 11, 2010
- PM condoles deaths in Myanmar quake, offers help - Mar 26, 2011
- India provides assistance of US one million dollar to Myanmar for earthquake relief - Mar 29, 2011
- Manmohan Singh condoles loss of lives in Myanmar earthquake - Mar 26, 2011
- Dalai Lama offers Rs.500,000 for quake relief - Sep 20, 2011
- PM condoles loss of life in Japan earthquake, offers help - Mar 11, 2011
- Manmohan Singh condoles loss of life and property in conversation with Japan PM - Mar 24, 2011
- At least 91 dead, scores missing after quake, tsunamis devastate Japan - Mar 11, 2011
- Dalai Lama expresses sympathy for Chile quake victims - Mar 01, 2010
- Chile officials to be charged for botched tsunami alert - Feb 11, 2012
- India expresses sympathy to Japan over quake,tsunami tragedy - Mar 11, 2011
- PM visits Leh, announces Rs.125-crore relief package (Second Lead) - Aug 17, 2010
- 80 dead, 300 injured in flash floods in Leh - Aug 06, 2010
- Singh expresses condolence to Haiti PM over earthquake, donates five million dollars for relief - Jan 15, 2010
Tags: assurances, bereaved families, chilean earthquake, condolences, dr manmohan singh, earth quake, immense loss, manmohan, manmohan singh, massive earthquake, michelle bachelet, New Delhi, people of chile, pledges, president dr, profound sadness, rehabilitation measures, rehabilitation work, solidarity, thoughts and prayers