PM appeals for contributions to PMNRF to help Bihar flood victimsSeptember 3rd, 2008 - 10:07 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Sept 3 (ANI): Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh on Wednesday issued an appeal to all citizens to donate generously to the Prime Ministers National Relief Fund to help fund the relief and rehabilitation measures for the flood affected people of Bihar.
The contributions can be made by cheque or draft in the name of The Prime Ministers National Relief Fund and sent to the Prime Ministers Office, South Block, New Delhi 110001. As per directions on the subject the nationalised banks are not to charge any commission on preparation of drafts favouring the PMNRF.
Contributions can also be made directly to the branches of the following banks: 1) State Bank of India, 2) Central Bank of India, 3) Union bank of India, 4) Dena Bank, 5) Syndicate Bank, 6) Corporation Bank, 7) Bank of India, 8) Indian Overseas Bank, 9) Punjab National Bank, 10) Indian Bank, 11) Allahabad Bank, 12) Citi Bank, 13) Canara Bank, 14) UCO Bank, 15) Bank of Baroda, 16) Vijaya Bank, 17) HDFC Bank, 18) Standard Chartered, 19) HSBC Bank, 20) Axis Bank and 21) ICICI Bank.
Contributions can also be sent through Money Orders with no commission chargeable. Contributions to the PMNRF have been notified for 100 per cent deduction form taxable income under section 80(G) of the Income tax act. (ANI)
- Fitch revises ratings for 11 Indian financial institutions - Jun 20, 2012
- Himachal gives Rs.2 crore for Sikkim quake victims - Sep 23, 2011
- Fitch cuts SBI, PNB, ICICI Bank outlook to negative (Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- Guards, employees of 19 banks' ATMs threaten stir - May 14, 2010
- Italian ministers post salaries online - Feb 22, 2012
- Canara HSBC simplifies death claims payment - Oct 20, 2009
- Indian firms in Forbes Global 2000 list (To go with 57 Indian firms in Forbes Global 2000 list) - Apr 23, 2011
- Direct Tax Code proposal has welcome respite for individuals (Special) - Jun 20, 2010
- BJP legislator in trouble over misuse of funds - Feb 18, 2010
- SBI stock plunges on talk of loan to Kingfisher - Feb 22, 2012
- Anti-Kudankulam struggle enters 200th day - Mar 02, 2012
- Vodafone was told about tax liability in Hutchison deal - May 02, 2012
- No tax returns on salaries up to Rs.5 lakh - Jun 23, 2011
- RBI, 926 branches of banks to accept advance income tax - Nov 10, 2011
- Prominent highlights of 2012-13 budget - Mar 16, 2012
Tags: allahabad bank, bank of baroda, dr manmohan singh, hdfc bank, income tax act, prime ministers national relief fund, prime ministers office, punjab national bank, state bank of india, union bank of india