Planning Commission finalises Tripura 2011-12 planMarch 24th, 2011 - 9:56 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar. 24 (ANI): The Annual Plan for Tripura for the year 2011-12 was finalized, here today, at a meeting between Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission Montek Singh Ahluwalia and Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar.
The plan outlay for the year was agreed at Rs.1950 crores.
In his comments on the performance of Tripura, Ahluwalia complimented the state government for empowering Panchayati Raj Institution, Anganwadi, and performance in ICDS.
He said efforts should be to improve achievement in health and education sectors. He said investment friendly environment needs to be created to encourage private investment in the development of both physical and social infrastructure.
He said the Planning Commission is in the process of finalizing approach to the Twelfth Plan and would welcome suggestions from the state on the social sector programme initiated by the Centre to make these programmes more effective. He said sectors like energy and health would need added attention of both state and Central Government to meet the growth expectation for the Twelfth Plan.
Sarkar briefed the Planning Commission about the new initiatives of his government aimed at improving resources and reducing on developmental expenditure. He said tax revenue have improved, salary expenditure has been controlled to improve physical health of the state.
He said efforts are on to make best use of available natural resources. Skill development and vocational education is being given priority to the development strategy. Action Plan has been taken up for bringing 50 per cent of cultivable land. Skill development mission has been constituted and one ITI is proposed to be set up in each sub-division. (ANI)
- Tripura told to attract private funds for infrastructure - Mar 24, 2011
- Private participation vital to expedite development in northeast: Plan panel - Mar 30, 2012
- Anganwadi workers' pay may go up again - Apr 24, 2012
- Planning Commission okays Gujarat's annual plan - Jun 24, 2011
- Mizoram annual plan 2011-12 finalized - Mar 18, 2011
- Government's major thrust on livelihood security, health: President - Mar 12, 2012
- CONCOR to extend network in eastern, northeastern regions - Aug 01, 2012
- Government told to hike budget for child health, nutrition - Mar 14, 2012
- Scheme for children under rights panel's lens - Jul 29, 2011
- Bihar to check corruption in anganwadi centres - Jun 14, 2011
- J and K Govt to create investors friendly atmosphere: Omar - Jun 18, 2010
- Plan panel okays Rs.14,010 crore outlay for Kerala - Apr 20, 2012
- Tripura CM rejects private participation in infrastructure - Mar 31, 2012
- Delhi government health scheme left 775 kids dead - Jun 20, 2011
- Ministerial panel to consider scheme for adolescent girls - Apr 21, 2010
Tags: central government, chief minister, crores, deputy chairman, development strategy, education sectors, expectation, iti, manik, montek singh ahluwalia, physical health, plan outlay, planning commission, private investment, skill development, social infrastructure, social sector, strategy action, tripura, vocational education