Pilots’ strike: Air India to operate only 40 flightsMay 1st, 2011 - 12:21 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, May 1 (ANI): With the Air India pilots’ strike entering its fifth day on Sunday, the national carrier is operating only 40 flights as against its regular 165.
“We are continuing with our contingency plans and will be operating 40 domestic flights across the country today. We will be utilising Boeing 737 aircraft of our subsidiary Air India Express on some of the sectors,” an Air India spokesperson said.
Only 13 of the 66 flights will operate out of Delhi today, while from Mumbai only nine of the 55 flights will operate.
There were 78 Air India flight cancellations from Mumbai till late Saturday night.
Indian Commercial Pilots Association (ICPA) General Secretary Rishabh Kapoor has said there was no way the pilots would blink first.
“Airline CMD Arvind Jadhav has misled the ministry and continues doing it. As long as he is around, I see no way the airline can function. There is not a single employee who is satisfied. If the minister does not get him out and get someone else in, the CBI will get to him. It’s a matter of time,” Kapoor added.
Over 800 pilots of the ICPA, who belonged to the Indian Airlines and were employed by Air India after the merger of the two carriers in 2007, have been on an indefinite strike since April 27 demanding pay parity.
The ICPA claims that while Air India pilots enjoy a huge fixed salary component, the same is almost minuscule for former IA pilots in 2007. (ANI)
- Pilots' strike: BJP says Centre may be 'covering up big loot' - May 01, 2011
- Pilots' strike will not see another day, rules Delhi High Court - May 02, 2011
- Pilots' strike: Delhi High Court to hear contempt case - May 02, 2011
- Strike is against corruption in Air India, say protesting pilots - Apr 27, 2011
- Pilots still on strike, over 95 Air India flights cancelled - Apr 29, 2011
- Pilots strike enters seventh day, ICPA writes to PM - May 03, 2011
- Air India sacks six striking pilots - Apr 27, 2011
- Pilots still on strike, over 50 Air India flights cancelled - Apr 28, 2011
- Delhi HC pulls up Air India for not solving pilots wage issue - Apr 27, 2011
- Air India pilots still on strike, ready to go to jail - Apr 29, 2011
- Air India threatens to sack pilots who do not return to work by 5 p.m. today - Apr 29, 2011
- Committee set up to look into striking pilots' grievances, says Kharge - Apr 28, 2011
- Air India pilots threaten to strike work - Feb 23, 2011
- Agitating Air India pilots intensify stir, blame Arvind Jadhav for financial losses - May 01, 2011
- Second round of talks between Govt. and striking pilots today - May 05, 2011
Tags: air india, air india express, air india flight, arvind, boeing 737, cbi, commercial pilots, contingency plans, domestic flights, fifth day, flight cancellations, general secretary, icpa, indefinite strike, indian airlines, jadhav, late saturday night, national carrier, pilots association, rishabh