Pilots still on strike, over 95 Air India flights cancelledApril 29th, 2011 - 3:17 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Apr 29 (ANI): With the Air India pilots’ strike entering its third day on Friday; over ninety-five flights have been cancelled while several others were delayed.
Only 12 out of 56 flights will operate out of Mumbai today and 15 out of 66 flights will operate out of Delhi.
The management of the airline said on Thursday it will not surrender to the pilots’ pressure and added that no domestic flight bookings will be accepted till May 3.
Meanwhile, taking a tough stand against the striking pilots, Civil Aviation Minister Vyalar Ravi has said they cannot dictate terms to the government and ruled out any negotiations on their pay parity demand.
Ravi asserted that the government has asked Air India to take firm action against the pilots’ as their decision to go on strike is irresponsible.
The government would support every action taken by the Air India management to control the situation, he added.
Earlier, the Air India management had sacked seven pilots belonging to the Commercial Pilots Association.
Among those whose services have been terminated are ICPA President Captain Ashim Bhinder and General Secretary Captain Rishabh Kapoor.
The management also derecognised the ICPA and sealed its offices in Delhi and Mumbai.
The ICPA has about 700 members who use to work for Indian Airlines till it was merged with Air India in 2007.
The ICPA claims that while Air India pilots enjoy a huge fixed salary component, the same is almost minuscule for former IA pilots in 2007.
The association claims that while their entire pay package depends on the hours they fly every day, the airline has been curtailing the number of flights by 30 to 40 percent. (ANI)
- Strike is against corruption in Air India, say protesting pilots - Apr 27, 2011
- Pilots still on strike, over 50 Air India flights cancelled - Apr 28, 2011
- Air India pilots still on strike, ready to go to jail - Apr 29, 2011
- Air India threatens to sack pilots who do not return to work by 5 p.m. today - Apr 29, 2011
- Air India sacks six striking pilots - Apr 27, 2011
- Pilots' strike will not see another day, rules Delhi High Court - May 02, 2011
- Delhi HC pulls up Air India for not solving pilots wage issue - Apr 27, 2011
- Pilots' strike: Delhi High Court to hear contempt case - May 02, 2011
- Committee set up to look into striking pilots' grievances, says Kharge - Apr 28, 2011
- Pilots strike enters seventh day, ICPA writes to PM - May 03, 2011
- Pilots' strike: Air India to operate only 40 flights - May 01, 2011
- Stalemate between Air India management, striking pilots continues - Apr 30, 2011
- Air India flights hit by pilots' strike - Apr 27, 2011
- Pilots' strike: BJP says Centre may be 'covering up big loot' - May 01, 2011
- Air India sacks six pilots of striking union - Apr 27, 2011
Tags: air india, ashim, civil aviation, commercial pilots, domestic flight, flight bookings, flights, general secretary, icpa, indian airlines, negotiations, New Delhi, ninety five, pay parity, pilots association, ravi, rishabh, salary, striking pilots, third day