Pilgrims flock NY home to pay obeisance to elephant-shaped Ganesha plantOctober 23rd, 2008 - 5:56 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Oct 23 (ANI): Sam Lals home has turned into a pilgrimage of sorts, as neighbours and friends are flocking his Queens home to catch a glimpse of the strange plant that resembles Hindu Lord Ganesha.
Lal, who first noticed the purple plant, from the amaranth family, claimed that the plant relieved him of his chronic back pain.
And now, everyone on Lal’’s block in Jamaica wants to get a peek at the incredible flower.
“I”m amazed - I actually got goosebumps when I saw it. I feel the presence of God,” The New York Daily News quoted Hansannie Singh, 41, of Bellerose, Queens, as saying.
Others like Kris Ram snapped cell phone photos of the 4-foot-tall plant that is believed to resemble the elephant-headed god revered by billions of believers.
“Miracles do happen. It just goes to show that God is everywhere,” said Ram.
Lal, 60, said his chronic back pain has all but disappeared since the plant, which started growing early in the summer, took on the deity’’s likeness.
“God is alive in everything. It’’s a powerful inspiration,” he said. (ANI)
- Man says he was cured by Elephant-shaped Ganesh plant - Oct 22, 2008
- Mumbai celebrates Ganesh Chaturthi with fervour (Lead) - Sep 01, 2011
- Ganesha comes to capital for 11-day gala - Sep 01, 2011
- Kim Kardashian's mom gets the facelift done - Jul 16, 2011
- Invited to Kullu Dussehra: 250 deities! - Sep 29, 2011
- Art Institute of Chicago has developed "Classroom Lesson Plan" on Hindu deity Ganesha - Sep 24, 2010
- Famous Los Angeles Getty Museum exhibiting Ganesha and Vishnu - Mar 01, 2011
- Hindus Find a Ganges in New York's Queens area - Apr 22, 2011
- Sun Valley, USA hosts Hindu Lord Ganesha exhibition - Jan 04, 2010
- Advani kicks off BJP's UP poll campaign with Ram temple - Feb 05, 2012
- Opt for eco-friendly Ganesh idols, Bangaloreans urged - Sep 08, 2010
- Himachal deity gets back role in Dussehra festival - May 19, 2012
- Ganesha Chaturthi festival charms devotees across the country - Aug 23, 2009
- Jim Carrey And NBC Asked To Apologise For Hurting Hindu Sentiments - Jan 17, 2011
- Kanye West is smitten by Kim Kardashian - Dec 16, 2011
Tags: amaranth family, bellerose queens, chronic back pain, deity, elephant, hindu, lal, lals, likeness, lord ganesha, miracles, neighbours, new york daily news, obeisance, pilgrimage, pilgrims flock, presence of god, purple plant, strange plant, york daily news