Pierce Brosnan urged Daniel Craig to go for 007 roleOctober 21st, 2008 - 6:23 pm ICT by ANI
London, October 21 (ANI): Daniel Craig has credited former James Bond star Pierce Brosnan for making up his mind to take up the 007 role.
The 40-year-old revealed that it was the retiring Bond Brosnan who had urged him to go for it following the film producers decision to cast him as the 007 Agent.
The Brit admitted that though he had never predicted the opportunity that had come his way, and would have regretted not accepting the offer.
Craig has revealed that he approached Brosnan at an awards show in Britain weeks before he landed the role and asked his fellow actor if he shoud proceed if he got the nod.
After dinner, after having enough to drink, I just went over and said, ”Look, it’’s not on the cards (but) it might be on the cards. If it were to be on the cards, what should I do?” And he said, ”Go for it. Just go for it. You”ve got to have a go at this,”” Contactmusic quoted Craig, as saying.
Craig, whose Casino Royale had managed to break box-office records with the film collecting 600 million dollars and his latest Bond flick Quantum of Solace is set to have a nationwide release on October 31. (ANI)
- Daniel Craig is the best Bond: Roger Moore - Aug 29, 2012
- Daniel Craig 'gagging to go' for next Bond film - Jul 23, 2011
- James Bond Movie Cancelled Owing To Production Issues - Jul 07, 2010
- This 'James Bond' keeps personal life under cover - Jul 29, 2011
- Brosnan couldn't digest Craig as Bond - Jan 28, 2010
- Doing rom-com would be disaster for me: Craig - Aug 08, 2011
- Matt Damon's Bourne Identity role dashed Pierce Brosnan's 007 hopes - Apr 02, 2010
- New Bond Movie Canceled Owing To MGM's Financial Woes - Jul 10, 2010
- Judi Dench lets slip top secret date of next 007 film - Mar 27, 2011
- Craig to return to screens as James Bond with MGM close to sealing deal - Aug 13, 2010
- Pierce Brosnan says 007 role left him 'tangled up in his ego' - Aug 09, 2010
- 'Austin Powers' ruined 'James Bond': Craig - Aug 31, 2012
- Craig wasn't interested in 'James Bond' role - Jul 22, 2011
- Craig made bond's character extraordinary: David Arnold - May 04, 2010
- Producer brands Daniel Craig the greatest Bond - Oct 30, 2008
Tags: bond brosnan, bond flick, box office records, brit, cards, casino royale, contactmusic, daniel craig, fellow actor, film producers, james bond star, london, million dollars, nod, october 31, pierce brosnan, quantum, solace