Petroleum Ministry to unveil public grievance redressal system todayOctober 2nd, 2008 - 8:43 am ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct 2 (ANI): The Oil Marketing Public Sector Undertakings (OMCs) under the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas is set to unveil a massive public grievance redressal mechanism across the country from today for domestic LPG, petrol and diesel.
As part of the exercise, perhaps the largest ever in the country, the three marketing companies viz., IOC, BPCL and HPCL have separately provided toll free numbers for complaint registration and follow up on the complaints.
For complaints relating to IOC, the customers can dial toll free number 18002333555 from anywhere in the country and for the complaints relating to BPCL the toll free number is 1800222725.
In the case of HPCL, the company has provided two separate toll free numbers: 18002333777 for LPG and 18002333999 for motor spirit (petrol) and high speed diesel (HSD).
In order to further leverage the existing system of addressing the complaints of customers, the unique mechanism of using toll free telephone numbers through call centers makes it more convenient, easy and effective to enable the customers to air their complaints and follow up on such complaints.
The call centers are being operationalized region-wise to facilitate the customers lodge complaints in local language.
The customers are given a registration number and those customers who wish to know about the status of the complaints could ring up the call centers on the same toll free numbers.
The field officers of the OMCs have been directed to attend to the complaints/grievances satisfactorily at the earliest.
The idea to make available toll free complaint numbers to the customers was mooted at an industry review meeting chaired by Murli Deora on August 19.
In addition to this, the companies have also geared up their normal grievance redressal mechanism in the wake of the directions given by the Minister in the said meeting.
Accordingly, the companies have started advertising the details of the companies officers, offices and the dedicated days and hours for meeting them personally at various levels.
OMCs are providing products and services to customers across the length and breadth of the country. Companies deal with the requirements of MS, HSD and LPG distribution through distributors and dealers.
The massive operations of home delivery of LPG cylinders to the customers and dispensing MS and HSD, like any other business is likely to give rise to some customer complaints.
In this context, the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas through these OMCs, endeavours to provide the best customer service and to put in place an effective public grievance redressal mechanism. (ANI)
- State oil firms to start grievance redressal service - Oct 01, 2008
- Petroleum Ministry to unveil public grievance redressal system on October 2 - Oct 01, 2008
- Forced to hike petrol prices, say government, oil firms - Nov 04, 2011
- Petroleum sector contributes Rs.192,577 crore to exchequers - Dec 13, 2011
- Diesel under-recoveries of oil companies rise 14 percent - Aug 16, 2012
- Petrol bunks go dry in three Tamil Nadu districts(Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Oil firms ask government to compensate them - Apr 17, 2012
- May consider reduction of diesel subsidy : Reddy - Feb 15, 2012
- Oil companies to bear Rs.121,571 crore under-recoveries: Reddy - Oct 19, 2011
- No deregulation of diesel, kerosene, LPG prices - Aug 21, 2012
- Complaints against private banks decline in Bengal, Sikkim - Aug 25, 2012
- IOC reports quarterly net loss of Rs.7,485.55 crore - Nov 09, 2011
- Fresh petrol price hike of Rs.1.80 per litre - Nov 03, 2011
- Bharti Airtel receives maximum customer complaints - Mar 09, 2011
- Government intervention if crude oil prices turn volatile: Deora - Jul 02, 2010
Tags: bpcl, call centers, deora, existing system, free telephone, grievances, hpcl, hsd, lodge complaints, marketing companies, marketing public, motor spirit, omcs, petroleum ministry, public grievance, public sector undertakings, registration number, speed diesel, toll free numbers, toll free telephone numbers