Petroleum ministry launches new exploration licensing policyApril 9th, 2009 - 5:45 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Apr 9 (ANI): Petroleum Secretary R. S. Pandey on Thursday launched the eighth round of the New Exploration Licensing Policy (NELP), and said the offer would remain open for four months till August 10, 2009.
The Ministry has also thrown open 70 new blocks for bids to the Indian and foreign companies for exploration of oil and natural gas.
“Out of 70 blocks, 24 are in deep water, 24 in shallow water and 18 on land. 10 blocks under Coal Bed Methane were also opened for bidding,” Pandey told reporters here.
Pandey stated that if the response would be good then 40 to 50 more blocks might be opened for bidding in the later part of the year.
The Petroleum Secretary said the bidding would lead to 42 billion dollars of gas in the next 11 years.
“The oil exploration in the biggest find in Barmer District of Rajasthan will start soon and it will be enough to meet 25 percent of oil needs of the country in next 18 months,” he added. (ANI)
- New oil blocks up for auction with no more tax breaks - Oct 15, 2010
- Bidders response to India's new oil, gas blocks was satisfactory: Jaipal Reddy - Mar 28, 2011
- India relaunches auction of areas for oil and natural gas exploration - Aug 08, 2009
- KG basin gas output 31 percent lower - Aug 02, 2011
- Centre signs 31 contracts under New Exploration Licensing Policy - Jun 30, 2010
- Government to set up board for project clearance - Jul 19, 2012
- India announces largest ever auction of hydrocarbon assets - Apr 09, 2009
- India to offer 34 oil, gas blocks for auction - Oct 08, 2010
- India unveils largest auction of hydrocarbon assets (Lead) - Apr 09, 2009
- Auction of oil and gas blocks under NELP IX soon - Mar 20, 2010
- India drafting new regime to auction hydrocarbon assets: Secretary (Interview) - Feb 17, 2010
- ONGC signs new oil and gas block contracts - Jun 30, 2010
- Poor response to India's auction of hydrocarbon assets (Lead) - Oct 12, 2009
- Murli Deora expects India and US collaborate in shale gas exploration - Oct 18, 2010
- India to resume roadshows for hydrocarbon assets auction - Jul 07, 2009