Pete Doherty forgoes PS60,000 gig to be with pregnant cat!July 8th, 2008 - 5:49 pm ICT by ANI
London , July 8 (ANI): Babyshambles rocker Pete Doherty lost adding 60,000 pounds to his bank balance when he dropped out of a gig after his cat went into labour.
Doherty and his band were scheduled to play at the Werchter festival in Belgium , for which they would have received the huge payment.
But unfortunately for his band members, the singer decided to stay home and watch his cat give birth.
Calls were made to him to persuade him to take the cat to the vet and to get on the plane, but he refused.
Hed do anything for his cats no matter what the cost, the Sun quoted a friend of his as saying.
But hes mad to let that kind of money go, the friend added.
Doherty is so fond of the animals that he has up to ten cats roaming around his home in Wiltshire. (ANI)
- Doherty to auction Winehouse painting - May 06, 2012
- Pete Doherty haunted by Amy Winehouse's ghost - Nov 15, 2011
- Pete Doherty voted worst celebrity neighbour - Feb 09, 2010
- Pete Doherty denies cocaine charge - Feb 03, 2011
- Winehouse haunting Pete Doherty! - Nov 16, 2011
- Doherty confirms The Libertines reunion in 2010 - Aug 21, 2009
- Kate Moss recording music album? - Jan 01, 2011
- Doherty denied entry to the US - Jun 13, 2010
- Pete Doherty accused of supplying drugs that killed Robin Whitehead - Mar 22, 2010
- Doherty says his country mansion haunted by hellraising ghosts - Feb 06, 2009
- Pete Doherty to star as boozy French poet in new movie - Dec 16, 2010
- Doherty vows to work on Libertines reunion, solo career, and Babyshambles - Jul 03, 2009
- No Rolling Stones at London Olympics (Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
- No Rolling Stones show at London Olympics - Feb 11, 2012
- Pete Doherty's home gig angers landlord - Aug 31, 2008