PETA activists protest against KFC’s cruel treatment of chickensJune 4th, 2009 - 8:20 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, June 4 (ANI): Activists of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) on Thursday staged a demonstration outside American fast food outlet Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) restaurant in New Delhi against the alleged abusive treatment to birds.
The protestors, dressed as chickens, were carrying posters which read, ‘boycott KFC’.
The PETA activists urged the KFC to adopt an animal friendly policy.
“People want the breast of the chicken for that the different kinds of hormones are injected into the chicken to make them breast heavy. But their legs are so thin and their legs are crippled and broken and they are ill treated,” PETA India activist Arkudh Prabhu said.
“Whenever we tell KFC to adopt an animal friendly policy they just ignore and we are doing this demo to draw their attention,” he added.
PETA India has been defending the animal rights since its establishment in 2000.
The forum operates under the simple principle that animals are not for eating, wearing, experimenting on, or use for entertainment.
PETA India also educates policy-makers and the public about animal abuse and promotes the understanding of the right of all animals to be treated with respect. (ANI)
- PETA activists want KFC boycotted - Jun 04, 2009
- Stop killing chickens, Madhavan urges KFC (Lead) - Oct 05, 2010
- R Madhavan Is Sweeping The PETA Poll - Dec 09, 2010
- PETA urges people to avoid fish-eating in Tamil Nadu - Mar 10, 2010
- Animal rights group awards children's film - Jun 23, 2011
- KFC eyes 500 restaurants in India by 2015 - Dec 18, 2011
- AIIMS urged not to use animals for medical training - Jan 17, 2012
- PETA activists protest in Chandigarh - Apr 07, 2009
- Air India stops ferrying animals for labs - Sep 01, 2012
- Adopt cats, dogs, urges Jay Sean (With Images) - Jun 02, 2012
- Pamela adopts 'desi' homeless puppy (With image) - May 04, 2012
- Rescued hens to feast at this Christmas Party! - Dec 13, 2010
- PETA activists stage demo outside KFC outlet in southern India - Jun 12, 2008
- Animal welfare body protests at fast food outlet - Jun 12, 2008
- PETA for banning horse drawn carriages in Mumbai (With Images) - Jun 13, 2012
Tags: abusive treatment, activist, activists protest, animal abuse, animal rights, boycott, chickens, cruel treatment, different kinds, ethical treatment of animals, fast food, food outlet, hormones, kentucky fried chicken, kentucky fried chicken kfc, New Delhi, people for the ethical treatment of animals, peta activists, protestors, treatment of animals