‘People’s voice for Lokpal Bill has reached government’, says HazareApril 8th, 2011 - 9:44 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Apr 8(ANI): Anna Hazare, who is on a fast-unto-death for a stronger anti-corruption Lokpal Bill, on Friday said that they have suggested co-chairpersons for the joint committee to draft the Bill.
Addressing his supporters at the Jantar Mantar in New Delhi, Hazare said: “The people’s voice has reached the government and they can’t ignore them.”
Hazare also said that they have rejected the government’s offer of setting up of the committee by a letter of the Law Ministry.
He also emphasized that there should be no “tainted” ministers in the joint committee comprising civil society members.
“If there is a chairman from the government side then the Cabinet will have to accept the recommendations of the committee on the Bill,” Hazare said.
The 72-year-old went on a “fast-unto-death” on Monday demanding that the government introduce a bill to tackle corruption immediately, and that politicians alone not be in charge of drafting that bill. (ANI)
- Hazare fast: Deadlock over Lokpal Bill likely to end tomorrow - Apr 08, 2011
- Ramdev extends support to Hazare's crusade against corruption - Apr 08, 2011
- BJP wants stringent Lokpal Bill - Apr 08, 2011
- Hectic efforts to resolve crisis as anti-corruption crusade swells (Evening Lead) - Apr 08, 2011
- Anna Hazare wins Rabindranath Tagore peace award - Apr 08, 2011
- What does the government's gazette notification say? - Apr 09, 2011
- India's anti-corruption crusade grows, government feels heat (Afternoon Lead) - Apr 08, 2011
- Voices of dissonance against Anna and Co - Apr 22, 2011
- Support pours in for Anna Hazare in Chhattisgarh - Apr 08, 2011
- Hazare to end fast Sunday, says it's victory of the people (Second Lead) - Apr 09, 2011
- Govt. ready to look into Hazare's demands: Sibal - Apr 06, 2011
- Anna Hazare's agitation premature: Congress (Lead) - Apr 06, 2011
- Probable breakthrough in government-civil society stalemate (Lead) - Apr 08, 2011
- Chronology of an epochal fast - Aug 28, 2011
- Fight corruption in real life too: Anupam Kher - Apr 08, 2011