Pele wants drug cheat Maradona stripped of footie gongsApril 22nd, 2008 - 1:17 pm ICT by admin
London, Apr.22 (ANI): Former Brazilian football star Pele has called for drugs cheat Diego Maradona of Argentina to be stripped of his football gongs.
Why is it Olympic sportsmen lose their medals when they are caught taking drugs, and not him? Pele asked.
Maradona was a great player but he couldnt kick with his right foot, he couldnt head the ball. He wasnt complete, The Sun quoted 67-year-old Pele, as saying in an interview to a Brazilian paper.
Pele said he rated 1950s Real Madrid star Alfredo Di Stefano higher.
Maradona, now 47, was banned for cocaine use in 1991 and steroids in 1994. (ANI)
- Maradona calls Pele 'idiot' for comments on Messi - Jun 10, 2012
- Neymar can surpass Messi, Maradona: Pele - Aug 19, 2012
- 'To me, Pele is the best,' says Pele - Apr 29, 2011
- Maradona says Pele lost his virginity to a man - Mar 28, 2009
- History collides for Argentina (Group B team profile) - May 27, 2010
- Italian police seize Maradona's diamond studs - Sep 19, 2009
- Maradona's latest verbal volley: asks Pele to 'go back to museum' - Jun 17, 2010
- Dutch star Ruud Gullit arrives in Kolkata - Jul 28, 2012
- The God bites the dust - Jul 04, 2010
- Basile is Club de Avellaneda boss for 4th time - Dec 27, 2011
- Tevez, Di Maria to be seen alongside Messi in Kolkata friendly - Jun 06, 2011
- Argentinian stars have a long affair with Kolkata - Sep 01, 2011
- Olympic football: Pele hoping for historic Brazil victory - Aug 10, 2012
- Mourinho under criticism for using negative tactics - Apr 19, 2011
- Messi to captain strong Argentina side in Kolkata - Aug 19, 2011