Peace in West Asia to dominate India-Palestine talks on MondayOctober 5th, 2008 - 10:27 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct 5 (ANI): India and Palestine are likely to discuss the latest situation in West Asia and the peace process during Palestinian National Authority President Mahmoud Abbas” four-day visit to New Delhi beginning on Monday.
President Abbas is expected to apprise Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh and other leaders about the latest developments in the region and his recent talks with Israeli leaders.
He will also discuss how to further strengthen contacts between India and Palestine. The upcoming visit by Abbas would be his second visit to India. He first visited India in May, 2005.
Abbas will also lay the foundation stone of the Chancery-cum-Residence complex of the Embassy of Palestine, being built as a gift of the government and people of India in the diplomatic enclave of Chanakyapuri in New Delhi.
Mohmoud Edwan, spokesman of President Abbas, said that the visit would strengthen the historical ties between Palestine and India.
Officials at the Palestinian Presidency said India, which has been a steadfast supporter of the Palestinian cause, has helped Palestine in various fields and it is likely to take up projects in the Palestinians areas.
Besides, the official said, it also sponsors studies of several Palestinian students in its country, especially technical education. This will have a very positive impact on the lives of ordinary Palestinians, they added.
President Abbas is scheduled to meet President Pratibha Devisingh Patil, Vice-President Mohommad Hamid Ansari, United Progressive Alliance (UPA) Chairperson Sonia Gandhi, Leader of the Opposition L.K. Advani and other leaders during his visit. (ANI)
- Mahmoud Abbas to arrive in India today - Oct 06, 2008
- Palestinian Authority President to meet PM today - Oct 07, 2008
- Palestine leader heads to India next week (Lead) - Sep 07, 2012
- India to gift embassy building to Palestine - Oct 05, 2008
- India to host Palestinian leader next week - Sep 07, 2012
- India gifts embassy to Palestine, pledge $20 million aid - Oct 07, 2008
- India pledges $10 mn for Palestine - Sep 11, 2012
- India committed to Palestinian cause: President - Sep 12, 2012
- Palestinian president arrives Monday on state visit - Sep 10, 2012
- Palestine Authority President meets PM - Oct 07, 2008
- Palestine seeks India's support for statehood - Aug 25, 2011
- India gifts embassy to Palestinian Authority, pledges 20 million dollar grant - Oct 07, 2008
- Palestinian President meets his President Pratibha Patil - Oct 08, 2008
- Abbas pledges to continue peace talks with Israel - Jan 23, 2012
- Mahmoud Abbas to visit India on Oct. 6 - Oct 05, 2008
Tags: authority president mahmoud abbas, chanakyapuri, diplomatic enclave, dr manmohan singh, hamid ansari, israeli leaders, l k advani, leader of the opposition, mahmoud abbas, manmohan singh, mohommad, palestinian cause, palestinian national authority, palestinian students, pratibha devisingh patil, president mahmoud abbas, progressive alliance, residence complex, sonia gandhi, west asia