PDP will be a responsible opposition, says Mufti Mohammad SayeedJanuary 2nd, 2009 - 9:09 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar, Jan.2 (ANI): Accepting peoples mandate in the recently concluded elections, Mufti Mohammad Sayeed, chief of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has said that his party would play the role of a responsible opposition in the state.
“I assure the people that the PDP will fortify the mandate and safeguard their aspiration as a responsible opposition party,” said Sayeed said.
He also said that the UPA government should not misconstrue large voter turnout as a solution of the Kashmir issue and demanded renewal of the resolve of the Kashmir resolution process.
“We are cautioning them against misconstruing the largest voter turnout as the Kashmir problem having disappeared and government of India should cease the movement and revive the Kashmir resolution process with renewed resolve both at the bilateral and international fronts,” he added.
In the recent state legislative polls PDP managed to bag 21 seats. National Conference (NC) emerged as the single largest party with 28 seats. NC is all set to form government in the state with the support of Congress which has 17 seats. (ANI)
- Omar has reduced AFSPA issue to gimmickry: Mufti - Nov 28, 2011
- PDP government delivered better with only 16 legislators: Mehbooba - Dec 13, 2011
- Mufti calls for regime change in Jammu and Kashmir - Aug 12, 2012
- PDP scripted new chapter in Kashmir's history: Mufti - Mar 25, 2012
- Kashmir not a problem of mere stone pelting: Mufti Sayeed - Jul 30, 2011
- Committed to equal growth in all Kashmir regions: PDP - Nov 30, 2011
- Hazare turning blind eye to corruption in Kashmir: Mehbooba - Oct 07, 2011
- Mufti's call for government change in J&K; - May 26, 2012
- Include people in Kashmir issue's resolution: PDP - Jul 09, 2011
- Mufti lashes out at Omar government on development - Jul 03, 2011
- Omar to serve defamation notice on Mehbooba Mufti - Oct 03, 2011
- National Conference worker's death rocks Kashmir assembly (Roundup) - Oct 03, 2011
- Mufti Sayeed accuses National Conference of 'double standards' - Sep 24, 2011
- Mufti seeks national consensus on Kashmir - Jul 10, 2011
- PDP to hold strategy meet Saturday - Feb 17, 2011
Tags: aspiration, congress, democratic party, elections, government of india, international fronts, kashmir, kashmir issue, kashmir problem, mandate, mohammad, mufti mohammad sayeed, opposition party, polls, resolve, srinagar, voter turnout