PDP takes out ‘resolution’ rallyFebruary 14th, 2011 - 3:52 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Feb 14 ( IANS) Jammu and Kashmir’s main opposition Peoples Democratic Party Monday took out what it called a resolution rally here seeking an earlier solution to the more than six-decade old Kashmir crisis.The party workers marched along the rain-drenched streets of Jammu as part of its campaign to seek an early solution to the Kashmir problem.
The PDP has increased its political activities, targeting the centre for delaying the process of resolution and the state government for its “failures to deliver.”
PDP president Mehbooba Mufti had announced the plan for rallies at her press conference in Srinagar Saturday, in which her references to Egypt-like protests in Kashmir and showing part of the state in China evoked strong reaction from Chief Minister Omar Abdullah.
But the party is sticking to its guns.
“We are clear in our stand that we want the people to get real justice both in terms of the solution of crisis and also that they must get good governance and the party will continue to articulate grievances of the people of the state,” said Falail Singh, a PDP leader.
The party will be organising more such programmes, he said.
The PDP stands for self-rule or self governance of all the territorial units divided along regional, sub regional, ethnic and religious lines on both sides of the Line of Control (LoC) that divides Jammu and Kashmir between India and Pakistan.
Mehbooba Mufti had described her party’s plan as an ideal solution to the Kashmir crisis.
- PDP to hold first major public meet in Jammu - Mar 11, 2011
- PDP presses for Kashmir resolution - Feb 19, 2011
- Mehbooba seeks positive approach on Kashmir problem - Aug 29, 2012
- PDP is party of Jammu too: Mufti - May 27, 2012
- NC to move resolution for solution of Kashmir issue - Feb 23, 2011
- 'Self-rule can negate adverse effects of partition' - Jul 07, 2011
- Autonomy cannot solve Kashmir issue: Mehbooba Mufti - Aug 12, 2010
- PDP to vote for Afzal Guru clemency resolution - Sep 23, 2011
- Kashmir solution will usher in peace, development: PDP - Mar 13, 2011
- Clarify stand on Kashmir's territory: Omar to PDP - Feb 13, 2011
- Transcript shows Mehbooba Mufti did praise Modi - Jan 01, 2012
- PDP to hold strategy meet Saturday - Feb 17, 2011
- PDP government delivered better with only 16 legislators: Mehbooba - Dec 13, 2011
- PDP hails Pakistani PM's acceptance of Mohali invite - Mar 27, 2011
- Centre silent on misdeeds of Omar government: PDP - Nov 15, 2011
Tags: chief minister, democratic party, feb 14, good governance, grievances, india and pakistan, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, kashmir crisis, kashmir problem, mehbooba mufti, rallies, real justice, religious lines, resolution rally, self governance, self rule, srinagar, strong reaction, territorial units