PCB to appoint ex-Test cricketer as new fielding coachNovember 7th, 2008 - 1:17 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad , Nov 7 (ANI): The PCB is set to appoint former Pakistan Test cricketer Ijaz Ahmed as the new fielding coach of the national team ahead of the home series against India .
Ijaz, who is working as the National Cricket Academy (NCA) fielding coach, would be elevated as the national fielding coach well before the important series against India starting in January 2009, The News quoted a well placed PCB source as saying.
Earlier, Ijaz, who is also a member of the ad hoc selection committee, had expressed his desire to become fielding coach instead of selector. He is expected to be named national fielding coach after the short series against West Indies in Abu Dhabi , the source said.
Considered as the Jonty Rhodes of Pakistan cricket, Ijaz was arguably the best fielder Pakistan has ever produced.
Intikhab Alam has already been appointed as the national coach with Aaqib Javed as his assistant. (ANI)
- Pakistan appoints new bowling coach - Aug 25, 2012
- Few takers for Pakistani cricket team coach - Sep 27, 2011
- Qadir questions Waqar's appointment as bowling coach - Dec 17, 2009
- Full time fielding coach would hardly make any difference: Yousuf, Alam - Jan 03, 2010
- Whatmore to coach Pakistan's cricket team - Mar 03, 2012
- Intikhab admits Pak manager's job "not easy anymore" after spot-fixing scandal - Oct 08, 2010
- Miffed Javed yet to resume duty at NCA - Aug 25, 2009
- Pak likely to continue with Intikhab as cricket coach on NZ tour - Dec 02, 2010
- Speedy six-foot Abu Dhabi truck driver-cum-pacer impresses Pak coach Waqar - Nov 23, 2010
- Raqeeb is Pakistan cricket team's new manager - Oct 23, 2009
- 'Captain, team management not PCB to be blamed for Oz debacle' - Feb 04, 2010
- Pakistan looking to blood youngsters in T20 team - Jul 18, 2011
- Waqar Younis may soon replace Intikhab Alam as Pakistani coach - Dec 14, 2009
- I will instill self-belief in Pakistan team: Coach Mohsin - Oct 04, 2011
- Pak editorial calls for PCB chief Butt's resignation over mismanagement - Oct 11, 2010