Pawar to inaugurate agriculture ministers’ conference in JaipurOctober 19th, 2010 - 1:26 pm ICT by ANI
Jaipur, Oct 19 (ANI): Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar will inaugurate a two-day conference of agriculture, animal husbandry and food-civil supplies ministers of eleven states in Jaipur today.
Agriculture, animal husbandry and food and civil supply ministers of Rajasthan, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh. Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal, Gujarat, Haryana, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Punjab and Maharashtra would participate in the conference.
All these states are major wheat and rice producing entities. The availability of fertilizers, electricity and seeds would be reviewed at the conference.
The ministers would also discuss different schemes about farmer welfare. They would also review and discuss about improvement in the public distribution system. (ANI)
- Pawar does U-turn on milk prices after opposition attack (Roundup) - Jan 21, 2010
- Pulses, edible oils may be subsidised to reduce prices: Food Minister (Interview) - Jul 26, 2012
- Monsoon plays truant, government's fingers crossed - Jul 13, 2012
- Some subsidy may be restored to tackle drought: Minister - Jul 27, 2012
- Monsoon situation not serious, rain will pick up: Pawar (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Monsoon delayed but situation not worrisome: Pawar (Second Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Three Borlaug institutes to come up in India - Oct 05, 2011
- PM to discuss price rise with chief ministers (Lead) - Jan 13, 2010
- PM-led meet on price rise ends inconclusively (Second Lead) - Jan 11, 2011
- Government to plan rabi crop strategy - Sep 13, 2011
- Milk prices set to increase in north India: Pawar - Jan 20, 2010
- States should set up EGoM on agriculture: Sharad Pawar - Jul 10, 2010
- Pawar calls for task force to promote hybrid rice - Jul 10, 2010
- Pawar distances himself from price rise - Jan 18, 2011
- Food grain reserve sought in Madhya Pradesh (Lead) - Apr 25, 2010
Tags: agriculture animal, agriculture minister, agriculture ministers, animal husbandry, bihar, chhattisgarh, eleven states, fertilizers, gujarat, haryana, jaipur, jharkhand, madhya pradesh, maharashtra, ministers conference, public distribution system, punjab, sharad pawar, west bengal, wheat